UPDATE: Homeless Man Wanted Food From Cafeteria. Never Made It Inside.
BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
UPDATED 12:13 p.m: We’ve now been told the school was not officially “locked down.” Administrators and school police contained the situation to the parking lot. The suspect never entered the building.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Boca Raton Community High School was briefly on alert Thursday morning when students, teachers and parents apparently located a trespasser on school grounds. (An earlier version reported the man entered the building. We have now been advised the man was stopped in the parking lot and never made it into the school).
Sources close to the situation tell BocaNewsNow.com that the man was eventually deemed harmless. He is homeless and was looking for a meal.
“He apparently thought that he could have a free meal in the school’s cafeteria,” said the source. “Police detained him and removed him from the school grounds.”
While no lockdown was ordered, school personnel were on alert during the incident which was wrapped by 8:15 a.m.
School continues as normal. There is no threat to students, teachers, staffers or parents. This was an isolated event. There is no indication that the homeless man was armed.
Boca Raton Police referred the man to “Boca Helping Hands” for food and assistance.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Nearly 4000 Palm Beach School District Students, Staffers, Tested Positive For COVID-19
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge, “Did What She Pleased”
- TROPICAL STORM WARNING: Florida In Forecast For Latest System
- Man Charged In Delray Beach LGBTQ Crosswalk Vandalism
- One Dead In Delray Beach Shooting
- CLAIM: The Bridge Sober Home Let Client Use Drugs, Die
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Continues To Form, Next Name Is Claudette
- Hyundai GV80 Subject Of Class Action Lawsuit Filed By Boca Raton Attorney
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Resident Shot Guest In Leg