While DeSantis Declares Victory, Floridians Still Sick, Dying. Florida Death Count Now 36,924.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — While Florida Governor Ron DeSantis continues his COVID-19 victory tour and tweets about “following the science,” nearly 2000 Florida residents remain hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19. The pandemic is not over in the Sunshine State.
As of 6:45 Thursday morning, the Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration reports that 1,832 people are hospitalized with COVID effects serious enough to require around the clock care.
In Palm Beach County, 105 people are hospitalized. In Miami-Dade, it’s 291. Broward County reports 222.
While the numbers are certainly lower than past months, the reality is that COVID continues be a Florida problem. 1,261 new cases were recorded on Tuesday — roughly 10,000 over the past week.
COVID deaths also continue to be logged by the Florida Department of Health. At least 2,327,989 people in Florida have tested positive for COVID-19, while 36,294 have died.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Driver Allegedly Responsible For Killing Six In Delray Crash Cited In May By Police
- FLIGHT CANCELLED: Airlines Cancelling Flights Into, Out Of Florida
- New COVID Problems In Palm Beach County Schools
- KEEP YOUR PETS WARM: Palm Beach County Issues Guide For Pending Chill
- UPDATE: SIX DEAD IN WEST DELRAY BEACH CRASH
- At Least Two Killed In Crash At 441 And Atlantic Avenue Overnight
- AARON SINGERMAN TO SPEND 54 MONTHS IN PRISON
- St. Andrews County Club Sues Dead Homeowner For Not Paying Membership Dues
- RECORD SETTING COLD COMING: National Weather Service Issues Advisory…