BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Elvis has entered the building.
Elvis Guzman, of the the 2200 block of SW 3rd Street in Miami is now the Palm Beach County Jail, facing charges of assault on a law enforcement officer, grand theft, identify theft, and passing a forged or counterfeit document. He was arrested by Boca Raton Police.
According to a police report obtained by BocaNewsNow.com, Guzman allegedly attempted to cash a forged check at the Fifth Third Bank branch at 120 East Palmetto Park Road. The face value of the check: $8900. A bank employee determined it was fraudulent and called police.
The responding officer, according to the report, attempted to calmly discuss the situation with Guzman, but Guzman became agitated. When the officer had one of Guzman’s hands in cuffs, Guzman allegedly used his other to rip the officer’s vest which also resulted in the officer’s two-way radio microphone cable being snapped from his walkie-talkie. Guzman then fled, only to be captured by another officer who placed him under arrest.
Elvis Guzman, who works construction, is now being held on $20,000 bond. He was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail Thursday at 8 p.m.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Body Found In Boynton Beach Garage
- Woodfield Country Club Sued Over Flooded Car, Refuses To Pay Employee
- HURRICANE CENTER: Now 70 Percent Chance System Forms South of Florida
- Delray Beach Woman Arrested, DUI Hit And Run
- TWO SYSTEMS: Hurricane Center Watching Two Waves East, West Of Florida
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Wife Finds Husband With Hookers, Attacks
- Woman Speeding On Glades Road Arrested For DUI In Boca Raton
- Water Treatment Dates Set, May Taste Weird In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton
- While Publix Refuses To Vaccinate Young Children, Palm Beach County Offers Shots