BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Elvis has entered the building.
Elvis Guzman, of the the 2200 block of SW 3rd Street in Miami is now the Palm Beach County Jail, facing charges of assault on a law enforcement officer, grand theft, identify theft, and passing a forged or counterfeit document. He was arrested by Boca Raton Police.
According to a police report obtained by BocaNewsNow.com, Guzman allegedly attempted to cash a forged check at the Fifth Third Bank branch at 120 East Palmetto Park Road. The face value of the check: $8900. A bank employee determined it was fraudulent and called police.
The responding officer, according to the report, attempted to calmly discuss the situation with Guzman, but Guzman became agitated. When the officer had one of Guzman’s hands in cuffs, Guzman allegedly used his other to rip the officer’s vest which also resulted in the officer’s two-way radio microphone cable being snapped from his walkie-talkie. Guzman then fled, only to be captured by another officer who placed him under arrest.
Elvis Guzman, who works construction, is now being held on $20,000 bond. He was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail Thursday at 8 p.m.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday
- WEST BOCA HIGH TEACHER REINSTATED AFTER IMAGE CONTROVERSY
- UPDATE: Seven Bridges Homeowner Turned Off WiFi To Prevent 911 Call After Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths Back Into 200s For Tuesday
- COVID: 5,000 CASES IN PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- HURRICANE CENTER: 90 Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida