BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Lighthouse Point resident Kristina Spadavecchia is dead after she slammed into a car that allegedly ran a red light at the intersection of SW 18th street and Powerline Road.
The crash happened around 1:45 p.m. Sunday.
According to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, “Vanessa Castor of Parkland was stopped on SW 18th at Powerline, heading east bound in her VW Tiguan. When the right turn lane signal turned green, Castor proceeded east (straight) through a red light. As she entered the intersection, Castor observed motorcycles heading northbound through the intersection and stopped. One of the motorcycles was able to avoid hitting Castor, however Kristina Spadavecchia was unable to (stop) and struck the passenger side of Castor’s car. Spadavecchia was ejected and landed in the northbound lanes. She was transported to Delray Medical Center where she was later pronounced dead.”
Kristina Spadavecchia, 27, lived in the 2200 block of NE 36th Street in Lighthouse Point. Charges have not been filed against Castor as the investigation continues.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Man, With White Claw Beer, Lunges At Cop
- AIRPORT PARKING: Again, Fort Lauderdale Says Garages Full, Opens Overflow
- CLAUDETTE FORMS: Tropical Storm Battering Coast, Florida In Warning Zone
- NOT CLAUDETTE YET: Hurricane Center Says Storm Growing, But Not Named Yet
- Bonefish Grill Sued After Boca Raton Slip and Fall
- Nearly 4000 Palm Beach School District Students, Staffers, Tested Positive For COVID-19
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge, “Did What She Pleased”
- TROPICAL STORM WARNING: Florida In Forecast For Latest System
- Man Charged In Delray Beach LGBTQ Crosswalk Vandalism