BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Lighthouse Point resident Kristina Spadavecchia is dead after she slammed into a car that allegedly ran a red light at the intersection of SW 18th street and Powerline Road.
The crash happened around 1:45 p.m. Sunday.
According to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, “Vanessa Castor of Parkland was stopped on SW 18th at Powerline, heading east bound in her VW Tiguan. When the right turn lane signal turned green, Castor proceeded east (straight) through a red light. As she entered the intersection, Castor observed motorcycles heading northbound through the intersection and stopped. One of the motorcycles was able to avoid hitting Castor, however Kristina Spadavecchia was unable to (stop) and struck the passenger side of Castor’s car. Spadavecchia was ejected and landed in the northbound lanes. She was transported to Delray Medical Center where she was later pronounced dead.”
Kristina Spadavecchia, 27, lived in the 2200 block of NE 36th Street in Lighthouse Point. Charges have not been filed against Castor as the investigation continues.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRI-RAIL NIGHTMARE: Did Boca Fire Bungle Response To Death By Train?
- Major Parking Advisory For Miami Dolphins Monday Night Game
- I-95 Closures To Continue In Boca Raton As Major Detours, Closures Planned For This Week
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH