UPDATE: ONE DEAD, ONE INJURED.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATE: From Boca Raton Police at 5:37 p.m:
On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at approximately 1:45 p.m., the Boca Raton Police responded to a report of shots fired at 1350 N Dixie Highway (Dixie Manor). Officers arriving on scene made contact with two male victims who appeared to have been shot. One victim died on scene, and the other victim was transported to Delray Medical Center for treatment.
A preliminary investigation revealed a group of people were hanging out in front of a residence when a vehicle pulled up. An argument ensued between one of the vehicle occupants and one of the people from the group, who are known to each other, leading to a physical altercation. During the physical altercation, someone on scene shot one of the males fighting, as well as a bystander. The suspect then fled in what is described as a gray older model vehicle.
This is an ongoing investigation, and Boca Raton Police detectives are continuing to conduct interviews and gather evidence. Anyone with information is asked to please contact Detective Scott Hanley at (561) 338-1344.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (BREAKING AT 2:30 p.m. Sunday, June 6th, 2021) — Boca Raton Police are searching for a shooting suspect as of 2:30 p.m. Sunday.
The shooting just occurred.
It apparently happened in the area of 1300 North Dixie Highway. It is believed the suspect fled in a vehicle.
Police are on scene and asking everyone to stay away from the area while they investigate.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Bridges Hit By Car Burglars, Latest Along Lyons To Be Targeted
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Threatens To Shoot Girlfriend’s Friend, Is Arrested
- SIRENS: Dead In Tuscany Delray, Trauma At Olympic Heights High, Fire At Walmart
- Now 11,048 COVID-19 Cases Logged In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Walking, Struck And Killed By Vehicle
- LOTUS HIT: Car Stolen, Multiple Cars Burglarized In Community Where Gates Are Left Open
- SIRENS: Animal Bite In Boca Raton, Overdose In Delray, Critical Crash Near Publix
- CHILLY: It’s Just 46 Degrees In South Palm Beach County Monday Morning
- CRITICAL AGAIN: KINSA Raises Palm Beach County COVID Risk