BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boca Raton man is facing multiple charges after he allegedly pinned down his mother, fired a gun into the air, and told other family members and friends in his home that he would “shoot them all.”
Bryan Morejon of the 300 block of NE 38th Street was jailed and later released on $26,000 bond following the incident that drew a sizable Boca Raton Police callout. An officer used the loudspeaker on the police vehicle to order Morejon out of the home while other officers created a perimeter around the residence.
Cops were called by a neighbor who said she heard a gunshot in the home after seeing what appeared to be the altercation through the front door.
After his arrest, Morejon allegedly told police that he had no weapon, did not fire a weapon, and does not keep weapons in the home. But someone else in the residence allegedly told investigators that Morejon “absolutely” has a firearm.
Morejon, 29, is now charged with aggravated assault with intent to commit a felony, firing a weapon in public or on residential property, criminal mischief with property damage, resist an officer without violence, and contempt of court for violating a domestic violence injunction while possessing a firearm and ammunition.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday
- WEST BOCA HIGH TEACHER REINSTATED AFTER IMAGE CONTROVERSY
- UPDATE: Seven Bridges Homeowner Turned Off WiFi To Prevent 911 Call After Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths Back Into 200s For Tuesday
- COVID: 5,000 CASES IN PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- HURRICANE CENTER: 90 Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida