BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — While Florida Governor Ron DeSantis continues to rally against “vaccine passports,” a company doing business in Florida is making them available to anyone who wants them.
Clear, known for expedited biometric access to TSA lanes at airports nationwide, just unveiled its “Health Pass” with “vaccine validation.” I tried it out a few days ago — it’s great. While it’s still unclear just who will accept the pass and where, it immediately solves one problem: what to do with that cardboard CDC vaccine record.
Anyone 18 or older can sign up for a free “Clear” account. While that doesn’t get you expedited airport access to security lines — you must pay $15 a month for that service — you can download the app and get yourself into Clear’s system. Once your identify is verified, you can grant permission for Clear’s computer system to verify your vaccine. Once it does, a QR code is generated that eventually will be read by businesses and other entities accepting the pass.
In my case, it took just a few minutes for Clear to find my vaccine information and connect it to my account.
The only other highly publicized “pass” at this point is the Excelsior pass being used across New York. Floridians are largely ineligible for that digital pass — unless the vaccinations was administered in New York. American Airlines is promoting “VeriFly” to validate vaccines for international travel.
Clear is accessing pharmacy and other databases to confirm vaccination authenticity. It is not limited to one state.
Clear’s local airport operations include all terminals at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport and select locations at MIA. Clear is also widely in use at stadiums and arenas.
Learn more about the Clear health pass here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach