BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boca Raton man is in the Palm Beach County Jail Tuesday afternoon following his arrest for a charge that is rarely seen.
The issue, apparently, is that something else that shouldn’t be seen was seen, in violation of Florida law.
Timothy Matheny, 56, is charged with “Indecent Exposure — Vulgar Indecent Public Nudity First Offense.”
The arrest report continues to be processed, so it is not immediately clear just what vulgar, indecent thing Mr. Matheny is accused of doing. While “indecent exposure” charges are somewhat routine in South Florida, the addition of “vulgar” is not. The Florida Statute suggests that “vulgar” is open for interpretation.
Here is Florida Statute 800.03:
800.03 Exposure of sexual organs.—(1) A person commits unlawful exposure of sexual organs by:(a) Exposing or exhibiting his or her sexual organs in public or on the private premises of another, or so near thereto as to be seen from such private premises, in a vulgar or indecent manner; or(b) Being naked in public in a vulgar or indecent manner.(2)(a) Except as provided in paragraph (b), a violation of this section is a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.(b) A second or subsequent violation of this section is a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.(3) The exposure of sexual organs by any of the following does not violate this section:(a) A mother breastfeeding her baby; or(b) An individual who is merely naked at any place provided or set apart for that purpose.
Timothy Matheny is being held on $1,000 bond. He was booked into jail at 3:24 Tuesday morning. The arrest was made by Boca Raton police.
We’ll update when the affidavit of probable cause is filed.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Casa D’Angelo Boca Raton Warned By Health Inspector
- BODY COUNT GROWS: Florida Loses Another 61 To COVID-19 On Monday
- Boca Bridges Hit By Car Burglars, Latest Along Lyons To Be Targeted
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Threatens To Shoot Girlfriend’s Friend, Is Arrested
- SIRENS: Dead In Tuscany Delray, Trauma At Olympic Heights High, Fire At Walmart
- Now 11,048 COVID-19 Cases Logged In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Walking, Struck And Killed By Vehicle
- LOTUS HIT: Car Stolen, Multiple Cars Burglarized In Community Where Gates Are Left Open
- SIRENS: Animal Bite In Boca Raton, Overdose In Delray, Critical Crash Near Publix