Two Breath Tests Returned Readings Of 0.0, But Travis McAllister Still Charged With DUI.
BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boca Raton Police Officer charged Boynton Beach resident Travis McAllister with DUI, even though two breath alcohol tests conducted by the Palm Beach County Sheriff Office’s DUI unit returned results of 0.0.
McCallister, according to eyewitnesses, crashed into a blue Hyundai near 500 North Federal Highway around 6 p.m. on Tuesday. McAllister then drove his pickup truck around the vehicle he allegedly hit, eventually coming to rest on the sidewalk.
When Boca Raton police arrived to investigate the crash, McAllister apparently told them he fell asleep at the wheel. He then proceeded to have issues with a field sobriety test. Among the problems: police say he had balance issues during a one leg stand, he had signs of nystagmus during a “follow the stimulus with your eyes” test, and then he apparently misplaced “w” and “x” while reciting the alphabet.
Wrote the Boca Raton police officer, “based on the totality of the circumstances, I found probable cause to believe that McAllister was operating a motor vehicle within the state while under the influence of alcohol and/or controlled or chemical substances.”
But the Palm Beach County Sheriff Office’s DUI Testing Facility revealed that McAllister’s blood alcohol content — based on his breath test — was 0. They tested him twice. He blew a “0” each time. McAllister then agreed to provide a urine sample. The result of that test is pending. PBSO provide breath test services for most local police departments in the area.
McAllister is now charged with DUI and leaving the scene of an accident. Arraignment is set for July 15th.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday
- WEST BOCA HIGH TEACHER REINSTATED AFTER IMAGE CONTROVERSY
- UPDATE: Seven Bridges Homeowner Turned Off WiFi To Prevent 911 Call After Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths Back Into 200s For Tuesday
- COVID: 5,000 CASES IN PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- HURRICANE CENTER: 90 Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida