BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boca Raton woman is suing BMW, claiming the vehicle she purchased from Vista BMW in Coconut Creek is beyond repair.
According to the lawsuit filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, Aisha Davis of Boca Raton purchased a BMW X63 in July of 2018 and immediately started having issues with the vehicle.
Among the most notable: a defective brake system. The suit states that an “emergency brake fault” warning light wouldn’t turn off, and that BMW’s network of authorized repair facilities was unable to fix the problem.
Davis battled BMW in front of Florida’s Lemon Law Arbitration Board but lost. She is now suing BMW for replacement or refund of the vehicle, payment for all ancillary fees she incurred while dealing with the problem car, attorney fees and more. Her attorneys argue that the arbitration board — typically three people who review all evidence related to the claim — erred in finding that the X63’s brake light issue does not “substantially” impair her use of the vehicle.
Davis is represented by attorney Brent Wikgren of the law firm of Krohn and Moss in Chicago.
Read the complete lawsuit below. If it does not appear, access it here.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW
- Fatal Shooting Under Investigation By Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office
- Major Boca Raton Gas Leak Now Under Control