BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boca Raton woman is suing BMW, claiming the vehicle she purchased from Vista BMW in Coconut Creek is beyond repair.
According to the lawsuit filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, Aisha Davis of Boca Raton purchased a BMW X63 in July of 2018 and immediately started having issues with the vehicle.
Among the most notable: a defective brake system. The suit states that an “emergency brake fault” warning light wouldn’t turn off, and that BMW’s network of authorized repair facilities was unable to fix the problem.
Davis battled BMW in front of Florida’s Lemon Law Arbitration Board but lost. She is now suing BMW for replacement or refund of the vehicle, payment for all ancillary fees she incurred while dealing with the problem car, attorney fees and more. Her attorneys argue that the arbitration board — typically three people who review all evidence related to the claim — erred in finding that the X63’s brake light issue does not “substantially” impair her use of the vehicle.
Davis is represented by attorney Brent Wikgren of the law firm of Krohn and Moss in Chicago.
Read the complete lawsuit below. If it does not appear, access it here.BMWLawsuit
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WE ASK: What’s Your Experience With “PackMy RX”?
- Second DUI Arrest In Weeks For Delray Beach’s Scott Fisher
- BABY FORMULA: United Way Offers “Food Finder” Map In Palm Beach County
- Boynton Police Nab Juvenile Attacker, Ask For Other Victims To Come Forward
- Water Rescue At Kings Point After Man Falls In Lake
- KINGS POINT DELRAY: Another Resident Arrested
- Boca Raton’s Alisa Catoggio Pleads Guilty To $40M Federal Kickback Scheme
- COPS ON SCENE: Double Shooting South Of Boca Raton
- SMELL SMOKE? Don’t Worry About It, There’s A Controlled Burn