BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — If you are flying out of FLL today, or waiting for a flight to arrive, prepare for delays. FlightAware is reporting significant delays at the airport. The off FLL flight board confirms the FlightAware report.
According to FlightAware’s Misery Map, 121 flights are delayed or canceled flying in or out of FLL. The delays are impacting all airlines, including Southwest, Delta, Spirit, American and JetBlue. JetBlue and Southwest appear to have logged the greatest number of delays.
For those new to South Florida, flying mid-day into the afternoon during summer months is a recipe for annoyance and frustration, as thunderstorms pop up and wreak havoc on the South Florida aviation system. While rain is — of course — no big deal in the area, one bolt of lightning can lead to a ground stop of 30 minutes or more. Even if planes are allowed to land, ground crews traditionally will not work until there is no lightning recorded for 20-30 minutes.
That often causes massive delays, as you are seeing today.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Crashes Mercedes Into Honda After Two Martinis
- In Florida, 65 Die From COVID Monday, But Hospitalizations Dropping
- Florida Fish And Wildlife Commission Releases Details Of Weekend Fatal Crash
- UPDATE: Orlando Man Dies In Boca Raton I-95 Crash
- TRAFFIC ALERT: ALL LANES ON I-95 NORTHBOUND SHUT IN BOCA RATON
- SIRENS: Assault In Boca Dunes, Hard Fall In Boca Raton Publix, Trauma In St. Andrews
- COLD! Wind Chill In The 30s Possible In Palm Beach County Tonight
- GROUNDED: Airlines Already Cancel 1400 Flights Monday
- FEDS: 68 Died Sunday From COVID In Florida Hospitals, But What’s Real?