BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — If you are flying out of FLL today, or waiting for a flight to arrive, prepare for delays. FlightAware is reporting significant delays at the airport. The off FLL flight board confirms the FlightAware report.
According to FlightAware’s Misery Map, 121 flights are delayed or canceled flying in or out of FLL. The delays are impacting all airlines, including Southwest, Delta, Spirit, American and JetBlue. JetBlue and Southwest appear to have logged the greatest number of delays.
For those new to South Florida, flying mid-day into the afternoon during summer months is a recipe for annoyance and frustration, as thunderstorms pop up and wreak havoc on the South Florida aviation system. While rain is — of course — no big deal in the area, one bolt of lightning can lead to a ground stop of 30 minutes or more. Even if planes are allowed to land, ground crews traditionally will not work until there is no lightning recorded for 20-30 minutes.
That often causes massive delays, as you are seeing today.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Completely Close
- Fired Elementary School Kitchen Worker To Receive $125K
- MONDAY: Will Boca Regional Hospital Spread COVID-19 With Fundraising Events?
- Hospital Bed Availability In Palm Beach County Plummets
- NOT A COP: Delray Beach Man Charged With Impersonating Law Enforcement
- FLORIDA: Man Sues Car Wash, Surprised It’s Slippery When Wet
- SCAM? Cops Bust Contractor, Ask Potential Palm Beach County Victims To Call
- Man Pleads Guilty To Hacking iCloud Accounts In Florida Court
- Guilty Plea For Boca Raton Woman Charged With DUI After I-95 Crash