Airline Reporting Massive Outage Tuesday Afternoon.
FlightAware: Nearly 500 Cancelled, Nearly 1200 Delayed.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Southwest Airlines is in the midst of its second major systemwide issue in two days. Southwest flights in and out of Fort Lauderdale and PBI (Palm Beach International Airport) are experiencing major delays and — in some cases — cancellations.
Southwest Airlines is a major carrier at FLL.
The airline is apparently experiencing a computer issue that is preventing planes from taking off at their points of origin.
The airline tweeted at roughly 2:30 p.m. that “we are aware of system issues and are working quickly to resolve. We will share more info soon.”
While there has been no update since the initial tweet, aviation issues involving airline computer systems often last hours — if not longer. Once the system is back up, it can take additional hours to relieve the backlog that builds while flights are grounded.
FlightAware.com reports 478 cancelled Southwest flights today with 1145 delayed.
If you are experiencing a Southwest Airlines issue, feel free to share with us by using the News Tip form, below.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores