BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The shooting earlier today that left one man injured apparently started with an argument. According to police, that argument pitted a resident against guests in his home.
One of the guests ended up with a bullet to the leg.
Here is the official media advisory from Boca Raton Police:
On Wednesday, June 16, 2021 at approximately 11:00 a.m., the Boca Raton Police responded to a report of shots fired at a residence along the 7000 block of NW 3rd Avenue. Officers arriving on scene made contact with two males outside the residence, and one of them had been shot in the leg. The injured male was transported to Delray Medical Center for treatment. The house remained occupied by at least one subject and another subject was observed on the roof of the residence.
A perimeter was established and eventually the subject inside of the residence walked out and was taken into custody. The subject on the roof was assisted down and also taken into custody. Boca Raton Police detectives determined the resident had an argument with guests inside the house and at some point, the resident shot one of the guests in the leg.
At this time, the investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to please contact Detective Darryl Kingman at (561) 620-6096.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC: Expect A Week Of Delays In, Around South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Jeweler Owes Mall $152,000, According To Lawsuit
- CRIME: Papa John’s Delivery Driver Carjacked At Gunpoint
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend