BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The shooting earlier today that left one man injured apparently started with an argument. According to police, that argument pitted a resident against guests in his home.
One of the guests ended up with a bullet to the leg.
Here is the official media advisory from Boca Raton Police:
On Wednesday, June 16, 2021 at approximately 11:00 a.m., the Boca Raton Police responded to a report of shots fired at a residence along the 7000 block of NW 3rd Avenue. Officers arriving on scene made contact with two males outside the residence, and one of them had been shot in the leg. The injured male was transported to Delray Medical Center for treatment. The house remained occupied by at least one subject and another subject was observed on the roof of the residence.
A perimeter was established and eventually the subject inside of the residence walked out and was taken into custody. The subject on the roof was assisted down and also taken into custody. Boca Raton Police detectives determined the resident had an argument with guests inside the house and at some point, the resident shot one of the guests in the leg.
At this time, the investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to please contact Detective Darryl Kingman at (561) 620-6096.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores