Boca Raton Woman Found Dead Of Fentanyl Overdose In Mizner Apartments Run By “The Bridge.” Allegedly Was Not Drug Tested, Checked, Despite Bridge Policy.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The personal representative of a woman found dead at “The Bridge,” a sober living home in Boca Raton, is suing the facility and its management. The claim: despite marketing a “supporting sober living environment” that includes sobriety and drug tests, a client wasn’t tested for days.
Meredith Cortesis was found dead, according to the suit, in “The Bridge” apartment in Boca Raton on March 1st, 2020.
From the suit: “During the week of February 24, 2020, The Bridge failed to conduct any drug testing of Meredith Cortesis. During the week of February 24, 2020, The Bridge failed to properly and adequately monitor the whereabouts of Meredith Cortesis. No check of Meredith Cortesis was conducted by Defendants on Saturday, February 29, 2020 or the evening of Friday, February 28, 2020. On March 1, 2020, at 3 p.m., Meredith Cortesis was found dead in the Mizner Apartments residence provided by The Bridge.”
Reveals the suit: “Based upon the autopsy performed by the Palm Beach County Medical Examiner, Meredith Cortesis died from Fentanyl toxicity due to overdose.”
The Bridge apartment is identified as 6503 North Military Trail in Boca Raton.
The suit makes other allegations. Read the complete filing, below. No immediate response was filed by representatives for The Bridge. The suit was filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court.The-Bridge
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday
- WEST BOCA HIGH TEACHER REINSTATED AFTER IMAGE CONTROVERSY
- UPDATE: Seven Bridges Homeowner Turned Off WiFi To Prevent 911 Call After Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths Back Into 200s For Tuesday
- COVID: 5,000 CASES IN PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- HURRICANE CENTER: 90 Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida
- RACIST? These Images Got West Boca Teacher Suspended
- LIEN OVER! PBC Vice Mayor Weinroth Announces Lien Amnesty Program