BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boca Raton law firm claims that Hyundai GV80s — the SUV Tiger Woods was driving at the time of his California crash — is unsafe and unrepairable.
Marcus W. Corwin of Corwin Law in Boca Raton just filed a Federal Class Action Lawsuit against Hyundai. The suit names Delray Beach resident Dr. Barbara Feinstein as the named plaintiff on behalf of the class, and accuses Hyundai of manufacturing a vehicle with “instability and subpar performance, including shaking, shuddering, vibrating and pulling.”
Feinstein, alleges the suit, leased a 2021 Genesis GV80, only to have it unusable for nearly half of the first 95 days of the lease. Hyundai, says Feinstein, has been unable to repair the issues.
According to an advisory issued by the law firm, “Hyundai is accused of promoting the GV80 luxury SUV despite being aware of dangerous defects affecting the vehicle’s drivability that are documented in Korean news media and current customer message boards.”
Florida’s Lemon Law requires vehicle owners to follow several procedures to obtain a refund or new vehicle, including arbitration in front of a three member panel. It was not immediately clear whether Dr. Feinstein — or any of the class members — engaged in the longstanding procedures set by the office of Florida’s Attorney General to resolve the alleged vehicle deficiencies.
Read the complete suit, below. If the PDF does not appear, access the filing here.6.7.21-Genesis-Complaint-for-Filing28
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases