BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boca Raton law firm claims that Hyundai GV80s — the SUV Tiger Woods was driving at the time of his California crash — is unsafe and unrepairable.
Marcus W. Corwin of Corwin Law in Boca Raton just filed a Federal Class Action Lawsuit against Hyundai. The suit names Delray Beach resident Dr. Barbara Feinstein as the named plaintiff on behalf of the class, and accuses Hyundai of manufacturing a vehicle with “instability and subpar performance, including shaking, shuddering, vibrating and pulling.”
Feinstein, alleges the suit, leased a 2021 Genesis GV80, only to have it unusable for nearly half of the first 95 days of the lease. Hyundai, says Feinstein, has been unable to repair the issues.
According to an advisory issued by the law firm, “Hyundai is accused of promoting the GV80 luxury SUV despite being aware of dangerous defects affecting the vehicle’s drivability that are documented in Korean news media and current customer message boards.”
Florida’s Lemon Law requires vehicle owners to follow several procedures to obtain a refund or new vehicle, including arbitration in front of a three member panel. It was not immediately clear whether Dr. Feinstein — or any of the class members — engaged in the longstanding procedures set by the office of Florida’s Attorney General to resolve the alleged vehicle deficiencies.
Read the complete suit, below. If the PDF does not appear, access the filing here.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC: Roads To Close For July 4th Fireworks, DUI Patrols To Intensify
- BOYNTON BEACH BODY: Police Charge Delray Man With Murder
- Woman Airlifted After Fire At Century Village Boca Raton
- MISSING: This Teen Is Missing, South Florida Police Are Asking For Your Help
- Fatal Stabbing In Broward County, Police Ask For Tips
- KINGS POINT: Another Resident Arrested, This Time For DUI
- TRAVEL: Fewer Delays, Cancelations So Far At South Florida Airports
- WEST BOCA RATON: Cops Rescue Woman, Shoot Man In Head
- Man Severs Hand In Fireworks Accident, Hand, Man Transported To Hospital Separately