BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — If you’re heading to the Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport, it’s another weekend to give yourself lots of extra time. For the third week in a row, the airport says its massive garages are at capacity.
The airport offers 8959 parking spots.
That means the FLL overflow lot is now open, and the only official parking location available for travelers flying out of the airport. The overflow lot is located at 2755 SW 42nd Street in Fort Lauderdale. Parking is $10 a day, the lot only accepts credit cards, and the maximum stay is seven days.
If you think the easy play is to Uber or Lyft, you may want to think twice. While that may ease your ability to the get to the airport, it will almost assuredly add an hour to your departure. FLL operates one central Uber/Lyft pickup area and waits often top 45 minutes. Anyone attempting to enter a rideshare in another airport location is subject to ticketing.
FLL offers a somewhat accurate real-time parking reporting system on its app, but note that the “total spots” include employee parking spots which skew the results. Employee spots are not available to the public.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Completely Close
- Fired Elementary School Kitchen Worker To Receive $125K
- MONDAY: Will Boca Regional Hospital Spread COVID-19 With Fundraising Events?
- Hospital Bed Availability In Palm Beach County Plummets
- NOT A COP: Delray Beach Man Charged With Impersonating Law Enforcement
- FLORIDA: Man Sues Car Wash, Surprised It’s Slippery When Wet
- SCAM? Cops Bust Contractor, Ask Potential Palm Beach County Victims To Call
- Man Pleads Guilty To Hacking iCloud Accounts In Florida Court
- Guilty Plea For Boca Raton Woman Charged With DUI After I-95 Crash