With Claudette Over Carolinas, New Wave Forms Southeast of Florida.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The first day of summer, 2021, brings another wave being watched by the National Hurricane Center.
While the wave is no immediate threat to South Florida, it’s notable in that it’s the fourth system that’s ended up on the tropical outlook map in this hurricane season which is just 21 days old. While perhaps not unprecedented, it is certainly not normal.
The next two names for storm names this year are Danny and then Elsa. Claudette formed over the weekend.
Here is the official, early morning outlook from the National Hurricane Center:
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Depression Claudette, located inland over North Carolina.
A tropical wave located about 1000 miles east of the Windward
Islands is producing a small area of thunderstorm activity. This
system has a slight chance of development during the next couple of
days before upper-level winds become less conducive for further
organization by Thursday. The wave is expected to move westward at
10 to 15 mph.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…10 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…10 percent.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Now 90-Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida Within Days
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Violating Protective Order, Allegedly Pulled Girl From Market
- Do You Think You Were Scammed By Delray Beach’s MV Realty?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropics Busy Again, Tropical Depression Forming West Of Florida
- Boynton Beach Man Hits, Kills Man In Wheelchair, According To Police
- South Florida Renters Need More Than $100K Salary Says New FAU Report
- Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed Monday
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Now Watched West, East Of Florida
- Crash Completely Closes I-95 Southbound At Hillsboro Blvd.