With Claudette Over Carolinas, New Wave Forms Southeast of Florida.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The first day of summer, 2021, brings another wave being watched by the National Hurricane Center.
While the wave is no immediate threat to South Florida, it’s notable in that it’s the fourth system that’s ended up on the tropical outlook map in this hurricane season which is just 21 days old. While perhaps not unprecedented, it is certainly not normal.
The next two names for storm names this year are Danny and then Elsa. Claudette formed over the weekend.
Here is the official, early morning outlook from the National Hurricane Center:
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Depression Claudette, located inland over North Carolina.
A tropical wave located about 1000 miles east of the Windward
Islands is producing a small area of thunderstorm activity. This
system has a slight chance of development during the next couple of
days before upper-level winds become less conducive for further
organization by Thursday. The wave is expected to move westward at
10 to 15 mph.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…10 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…10 percent.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Loggers’ Run HOA Forecloses On Another Home Over $700
- BEWARE: COYOTES RUNNING FREE IN EAST BOCA RATON
- DUCKLING RESCUE! Palm Beach County Fire Rescue Saves Ducklings In Boca Raton
- HURRICANE CENTER: THERE IS A NEW SYSTEM EAST OF FLORIDA
- Kings Point Resident Violence Leads To Arrest
- REMINDER: SKIP “GO FUND ME,” FOR IAN DONATIONS, STICK TO LEGIT CHARITIES
- Two South Palm Beach County Parks To Remain Closed Until Saturday
- Crash Leaves Pedestrian Dead In North Broward County
- All Palm Beach County Operations Return To Normal On Friday