FHP Continues Inexplicable Policy Of Not Releasing Names, Contrary To Florida Public Records Law.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A man apparently examining damage to his car following a minor accident on Florida’s Turnpike was killed seconds later when another car crashed into him — sending his body flying. It landed on the right shoulder of the Turnpike near Glades Road.
Florida Highway Patrol says a 22 year old woman from Pompano Beach was driving northbound on the Turnpike with a 21 year old male in the car. The woman allegedly hit the man just before the Glades Road exit. He apparently died on impact to the ground. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim, 29, lived in Lauderdale Lakes.
Florida Highway Patrol inexplicably does not provide the names of drivers involved in crashes, despite every other local municipality providing this public information which is legally accessible through Florida Statute 119.
There was no immediate information regarding charges. The Turnpike, initially closed Northbound around 6 a.m., was reopened by 11 a.m.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees
- Palm Beach County Schools Hide Expulsion Information, Race Questions Raised
- Boca Isles South Resident Arrested Following Theft, Fire
- Million Dollar Lottery Winner Lives In Boynton Beach
- Boca Raton Teen Killer Identified, Cops Say Shot Friend In Back Yard
- Boca Raton’s L’Ambiance HOA Facing Lawsuit
- CRASH AND BURN: Boca Isles South Burglar Crashes Getaway Car At Cop Shop
- Fire Burning Cascade Lakes Boynton Beach
- South Palm Beach County Killer In Custody According To Police