Three People Interviewed. All Stories Inconsistent. No Weapon Found.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Boca Raton police responded to a shooting Wednesday morning, but apparently found no weapon and no cooperation from the people allegedly involved.
From the Boca Raton Police Department in a statement issued Wednesday afternoon:
“On Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at approximately 9:30 am, the Boca Raton Police responded to a report of one shot fired at a residence along the 7000 block of NW 3rd Avenue. Officers arriving on scene set up a perimeter and made contact with the resident, who agreed to walk out and meet with officers.”
“The resident advised two subjects were still inside the house. Officers made contact with those two subjects and they agreed to also walk out and meet with officers. The residence was cleared, and it was determined no one on scene was shot or injured. Boca Raton Police detectives conducted interviews with the three subjects who provided inconsistent statements about what happened.”
“The investigation revealed that the resident had two guests present at his house and some point, a single shot was fired in the backyard of the residence. A search of the residence was conducted, and no firearm was found. It was not determined which person fired the shot. There was no indication that a dispute occurred, leading up to the shot being fired. The investigation is ongoing at this time.”
“Please note, the Boca Raton Police responded to this residence on June 16, 2021 in reference to a shooting; however, a different firearm was used in each incident.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Completely Close
- Fired Elementary School Kitchen Worker To Receive $125K
- MONDAY: Will Boca Regional Hospital Spread COVID-19 With Fundraising Events?
- Hospital Bed Availability In Palm Beach County Plummets
- NOT A COP: Delray Beach Man Charged With Impersonating Law Enforcement
- FLORIDA: Man Sues Car Wash, Surprised It’s Slippery When Wet
- SCAM? Cops Bust Contractor, Ask Potential Palm Beach County Victims To Call
- Man Pleads Guilty To Hacking iCloud Accounts In Florida Court
- Guilty Plea For Boca Raton Woman Charged With DUI After I-95 Crash