BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The National Hurricane Center is watching two waves of note, and now one has a 40 percent chance of development over the next five days.
While none are an immediate threat to South Florida, it is always a good idea to know what’s in the Atlantic. Creating a “hurricane plan” now can help reduce stress later.
From the National Hurricane Center early Thursday morning, June 24, 2021:
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
- Disorganized shower and thunderstorm activity continues to the east
of a small area of low pressure located about 200 miles east of
Barbados. Increasing upper-level winds are likely to prevent
further development of this system during the next couple of days
while it moves west-northwestward at about 10 mph. This disturbance
could produce increased shower activity and some gusty winds when it
moves across the Lesser Antilles on Friday.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…10 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…10 percent.
- A strong tropical wave is expected to emerge off the coast of Africa
later today. Although ocean temperatures are still relatively cool
over the tropical Atlantic Ocean and are only marginally conducive
for development, a small tropical depression could form by early
next week while moving westward to west-northwestward at about 15
mph across the tropical eastern and central Atlantic Ocean.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…20 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…medium…40 percent.
There are no hurricanes currently being tracked by the National Hurricane Center in the Atlantic. There are two waves, and one has a 40 percent chance of development over the next five days, according to forecaster.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores