BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The National Hurricane Center is watching two waves of note, and now one has a 40 percent chance of development over the next five days.
While none are an immediate threat to South Florida, it is always a good idea to know what’s in the Atlantic. Creating a “hurricane plan” now can help reduce stress later.
From the National Hurricane Center early Thursday morning, June 24, 2021:
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
- Disorganized shower and thunderstorm activity continues to the east
of a small area of low pressure located about 200 miles east of
Barbados. Increasing upper-level winds are likely to prevent
further development of this system during the next couple of days
while it moves west-northwestward at about 10 mph. This disturbance
could produce increased shower activity and some gusty winds when it
moves across the Lesser Antilles on Friday.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…10 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…10 percent.
- A strong tropical wave is expected to emerge off the coast of Africa
later today. Although ocean temperatures are still relatively cool
over the tropical Atlantic Ocean and are only marginally conducive
for development, a small tropical depression could form by early
next week while moving westward to west-northwestward at about 15
mph across the tropical eastern and central Atlantic Ocean.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…20 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…medium…40 percent.
There are no hurricanes currently being tracked by the National Hurricane Center in the Atlantic. There are two waves, and one has a 40 percent chance of development over the next five days, according to forecaster.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Completely Close
- Fired Elementary School Kitchen Worker To Receive $125K
- MONDAY: Will Boca Regional Hospital Spread COVID-19 With Fundraising Events?
- Hospital Bed Availability In Palm Beach County Plummets
- NOT A COP: Delray Beach Man Charged With Impersonating Law Enforcement
- FLORIDA: Man Sues Car Wash, Surprised It’s Slippery When Wet
- SCAM? Cops Bust Contractor, Ask Potential Palm Beach County Victims To Call
- Man Pleads Guilty To Hacking iCloud Accounts In Florida Court
- Guilty Plea For Boca Raton Woman Charged With DUI After I-95 Crash