Allure Apartments on Congress Avenue in Boca Raton Scene of Shooting.
BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (Updated at 8:41 p.m. with name of suspect) — A man acting erratically opened fire on Boca Raton Police Officers Sunday afternoon at the Allure apartments on Congress Avenue. That man, identified as 25 year old Kyle Raymond, is now in custody.
Boca Raton Police officials tell BocaNewsNow.com that witnesses saw Raymond in a hoodie acting strangely in the parking lot of the complex just before 1:30 this afternoon. One of the witnesses thought he or she saw a handgun, so called police.
Raymond, according to witnesses, went up to his apartment and stood on the balcony. When police officers arrived at the apartment at 6780 Congress Avenue, he opened fire.
“As the sound of gunfire continued, it was determined the suspect, 25-year-old Kyle Raymond, was shooting from the balcony of apartment 511. Raymond then stopped shooting and went back inside the apartment,” according to Boca Raton Police Officer Jessica Desir.
While none of the officers were inured, a police car was hit by two bullets, according to police.
Responding officers called in the Boca Raton SWAT team which negotiated with the suspect. Raymond surrendered around 4:30 p.m.
Kyle Raymond now faces two counts of attempted murder of a law enforcement officer. He is being held in the Palm Beach County Jail as of 8:45 p.m. Sunday evening.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores