Emergency Officials: Don’t Come To Watch. Roads Closed, Detoured, Access Limited.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
SURFSIDE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — If you are thinking of heading to Surfside to see the Champlain Condo Tower collapse yourself, the advice from emergency officials is “don’t.”
There are now massive road and beach closures in the area as the mass casualty event is bringing huge crowds and an international search and rescue response.
As of early this morning, the City of Miami Beach announced that North Beach Oceanside Park is closed until further notice.
A1A/Collins Southbound is CLOSED between 96th street and 83rd street.
A1A/Collins Avenue Northbound is closed between 83rd Street and 90th Street.
Byron Avenue is CLOSED to everyone except residents with ID between 90th street and 85th street.
Access to resort locations including the Residence Inn by Marriott and the Four Seasons hotel is extremely limited.
The closures, detours and access changes are expected to be in effect for quite some time.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores