Lawsuits Filed In Miami-Dade County Against Condo Association.
BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
MIAMI-DADE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The first lawsuits were just filed in Miami-Dade County against Champlain Tower South — the condo building that collapsed in Surfside.
The suits are filed by the Brad Sohn Law Firm in Coral Gables, and suggest a class action is in the works.
This is the language from the first filing:
“Manual Drezner, individually and on behalf of all other similar situated Plaintiffs, versus Champlain Towers South Condominium Association, Defendant.”
“Plaintiff Manuel Drezner (“Plaintiff”), individually and on behalf of the Class defined herein of similarly situated persons, alleges the following against Defendant Champlain Towers South Condominium Association, Inc. (“Defendant”), based upon personal knowledge with respect to themselves and on information and belief derived from, among other things, investigation of counsel and review of public documents as to all other matters.”
While early in the process, filing a suit now gives attorneys authority to subpoena documents and run their own investigations.
A second lawsuit lists “plaintiff Steve Rosenthal.” It was not immediately clear if he is also represented by Brad Sohn.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC: Expect A Week Of Delays In, Around South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Jeweler Owes Mall $152,000, According To Lawsuit
- CRIME: Papa John’s Delivery Driver Carjacked At Gunpoint
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend