Lawsuits Filed In Miami-Dade County Against Condo Association.
BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
MIAMI-DADE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The first lawsuits were just filed in Miami-Dade County against Champlain Tower South — the condo building that collapsed in Surfside.
The suits are filed by the Brad Sohn Law Firm in Coral Gables, and suggest a class action is in the works.
This is the language from the first filing:
“Manual Drezner, individually and on behalf of all other similar situated Plaintiffs, versus Champlain Towers South Condominium Association, Defendant.”
“Plaintiff Manuel Drezner (“Plaintiff”), individually and on behalf of the Class defined herein of similarly situated persons, alleges the following against Defendant Champlain Towers South Condominium Association, Inc. (“Defendant”), based upon personal knowledge with respect to themselves and on information and belief derived from, among other things, investigation of counsel and review of public documents as to all other matters.”
While early in the process, filing a suit now gives attorneys authority to subpoena documents and run their own investigations.
A second lawsuit lists “plaintiff Steve Rosenthal.” It was not immediately clear if he is also represented by Brad Sohn.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FEDS: South Florida Man Pleads Guilty To Medicare Fraud
- Crash On Turnpike Slowing Traffic In Boca Raton
- DeSantis, Self-Proclaimed “Education Governor,” Tightens Stranglehold On State Colleges
- Living Room Theater At FAU To Permanently Close
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 At Yamato To Close In Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Cited For Ten Violations During Health Inspection
- SEVEN BRIDGES HOMEOWNER WITH LACERATED NECK WAS FOUND COVERED IN WHITE POWDER
- TODAY: Diverging Diamond Opens At Glades Road And I-95 In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed, Allegedly Pointed Gun At Man, Bit Him On Neck