AUDIO: Security Guard Kicks Out Family Member Of Patient, Saying Waiting Room Is Unavailable.
COVID Rules Run Amok?
BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A person visiting a loved one at Boca Raton Regional Hospital Saturday alleges that the hospital’s COVID policy is out of control, forcing the elderly to sit outside, in the summer heat, instead of an air conditioned waiting room.
The tipster, who we have confirmed is legit but whose identity we are protecting, was himself escorted out of the waiting room and told by a security guard that there is no waiting room available at the hospital.
“They have rows of elderly people waiting outside in the hot sun and they’re completely uncomfortable,” said the tipster. “I sat inside to see what would happen and security came and escorted me out.”
The tipster said security officers are doing the same thing to senior citizens and recorded the interaction. You can listen to it below.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital, owned by Baptist Health Systems, continues to restrict patients to one visitor at a time, due to COVID-19. The tipster says that’s no problem, but claims preventing family members from staying inside the hospital while another is visiting is cruel. Boca Raton’s midday high Saturday was 95 degrees.
The elderly are not being given a special location to stay cool. They are told — with everyone else — to sit on a bench outside the hospital. Many arrive, without cars, hoping to see friends or family members but are prohibited from entering the facility.
A Boca Raton Regional Hospital spokesperson did not immediately respond to our request for comment or clarification.
Listen to the audio, below.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores