Weekly Report Reveals Troubling Trend.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The COVID-19 positivity rate is news again. In numbers just released by the Florida Department of Health, Florida’s now weekly reports show 3.3 percent positivity on June 11th, 3.8 percent on June 18th, 5.2 percent on June 25th, and 7.8 percent on July 2nd. Reports are issue the week after the data is collected — July 2nd data was released on July 9th.
In Palm Beach County, the COVID-19 positivity rate is now 6.9 percent — that is higher than it has been in recent weeks. Some counties, including Nassau, Putnam, Jefferson and Lake are solidly in double digits.
23,697 new COVID-19 cases were recorded the week ending July 2nd.
Whether deaths are increasing, holding steady or decline is open for debate. The Florida Department of Health is no longer reporting anything near “real time” data, and it often takes weeks for deaths to be tabulated and officially designated as COVID-19. As of the latest report, Florida has sustained 38,157 deaths attributed to COVID-19.
On the vaccine front, it’s clear that vaccines mitigate infections. In the report that we are publishing, below, look at page two. The green line shows new infections versus the purple bars showing cumulative people vaccinated.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Completely Close
- Fired Elementary School Kitchen Worker To Receive $125K
- MONDAY: Will Boca Regional Hospital Spread COVID-19 With Fundraising Events?
- Hospital Bed Availability In Palm Beach County Plummets
- NOT A COP: Delray Beach Man Charged With Impersonating Law Enforcement
- FLORIDA: Man Sues Car Wash, Surprised It’s Slippery When Wet
- SCAM? Cops Bust Contractor, Ask Potential Palm Beach County Victims To Call
- Man Pleads Guilty To Hacking iCloud Accounts In Florida Court
- Guilty Plea For Boca Raton Woman Charged With DUI After I-95 Crash