BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A three year old boy was critically injured at Grieco Ford in Delray Beach when he allegedly walked into a glass wall in a sales office — severely cutting his face. The glass had no markings and, according to the suit, was virtually invisible.
The boy’s family is suing Grieco, saying Grieco had a responsibility to mark the glass.
This is what the boy’s attorney alleges took place: ”On or about November 27, 2020, the Plaintiff, a minor, was traversing the area just next to the glass partition encompassing the salesperson’s office when he, suddenly and without warning, ran into the glass partition causing a severe cut to his head. The Plaintiff maintains the glass partition created a dangerous and defective condition especially to a minor three (3) years old, to wit: it was a glass wall that did not provide proper warnings nor safety asures to protect a minor, three (3) who was in the area.”
“The Defendant, GRIECO FORD, breached its duty to Plaintiff by: failing to maintain the glass partition on their premises in a reasonably safe condition; failing to correct the dangerous condition of which they knew or should have known; c) failing to have store employees or agents of the store properly warn the Plaintiff of the dangerous nature of the glass partition; failing to have store employees or agents of the store place safety measures such as padding or other protections from a minor running into the glass; failing to adequately warn the Plaintiff with warnings, signs or markings of this dangerous condition.”
The lawsuit seeks in excess of $30,000, the statutory minimum for filing in Palm Beach County Circuit Court.
The boy and family, Boca Raton residents, are represented by Patrick Lawlor at Lawor and Associates in Boca Raton.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores