Executive Order Applies To Property Tax Due From Surviving Owners, Estates Of Deceased.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
SURFSIDE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Just because your building doesn’t exist or you are dead doesn’t automatically alleviate your requirement to pay property taxes. But Florida Governor Ron DeSantis today issued an executive order that does just that — waiving tax requirements for surviving owners of the destroyed Champlain Tower, and the estates of those who perished.
This is the official advisory from the Governor’s office. We are also publishing the complete executive order, below.
“Today, Governor Ron DeSantis issued Executive Order 21-160, which indefinitely suspends the statutes, and their associated deadlines or requirements, for payment of property taxes for all taxpayers whose property was destroyed or rendered uninhabitable during the collapse of Champlain Towers South in Surfside, Florida.
Additionally, Executive Order 21-160 requests that the Florida Legislature explore additional legislative acts as may be necessary to alleviate the taxpayers’ property tax obligations.”
Read the complete executive order below. If the PDF does not appear, you may access here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores