Yegal Rosen, Also Known As Wegal Rosen, Was Jailed In 2019.
BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The man who police say claimed to have a bomb in a suitcase at Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport Saturday morning already has an arrest record in Broward County.
BocaNewsNow.com has learned that Wegal Rosen was arrested by the Broward Sheriff’s Office on January 4th, 2019, and charged with battery on a person 65 years of age or older. The charge was ultimately not prosecuted, with the “release” of the case just filed on June 7th, 2021.
We are not publishing the alleged victim’s name in the battery case. Rosen is also identified as “Yegal” Rosen in several court documents.
Rosen, according to BSO, had a verbal altercation at a ticket counter in terminal 2 Saturday morning. He claimed to have a bomb in his suitcase which he left at the ticket counter and then walked away. As ticket agents called police, Rosen was allegedly seen walking into terminal 3, then terminal 4. That led police to stage a mass evacuation that virtually shut the airport for five hours and disrupted tens of thousands of travelers.
By the time the “all clear” was given after 12:30 Saturday morning, nearly 100 flights were delayed, several were canceled, as terminals serving Delta, Spirit, American Airlines, JetBlue, Bahamasair, Air Canada, and others were evacuated for nearly five hours.
Rosen is now facing the felony charge of “false report of a bomb or explosive.” He remains held without bond Sunday night.
Rosen lives in Century Village in Deerfield Beach.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC: Expect A Week Of Delays In, Around South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Jeweler Owes Mall $152,000, According To Lawsuit
- CRIME: Papa John’s Delivery Driver Carjacked At Gunpoint
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend