Yegal Rosen, Also Known As Wegal Rosen, Was Jailed In 2019.
BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The man who police say claimed to have a bomb in a suitcase at Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport Saturday morning already has an arrest record in Broward County.
BocaNewsNow.com has learned that Wegal Rosen was arrested by the Broward Sheriff’s Office on January 4th, 2019, and charged with battery on a person 65 years of age or older. The charge was ultimately not prosecuted, with the “release” of the case just filed on June 7th, 2021.
We are not publishing the alleged victim’s name in the battery case. Rosen is also identified as “Yegal” Rosen in several court documents.
Rosen, according to BSO, had a verbal altercation at a ticket counter in terminal 2 Saturday morning. He claimed to have a bomb in his suitcase which he left at the ticket counter and then walked away. As ticket agents called police, Rosen was allegedly seen walking into terminal 3, then terminal 4. That led police to stage a mass evacuation that virtually shut the airport for five hours and disrupted tens of thousands of travelers.
By the time the “all clear” was given after 12:30 Saturday morning, nearly 100 flights were delayed, several were canceled, as terminals serving Delta, Spirit, American Airlines, JetBlue, Bahamasair, Air Canada, and others were evacuated for nearly five hours.
Rosen is now facing the felony charge of “false report of a bomb or explosive.” He remains held without bond Sunday night.
Rosen lives in Century Village in Deerfield Beach.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores