Could Mask Mandates Come Back? School Social Distancing Requirements Revisited?
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida is heading back into a COVID-19 trouble zone.
While the Florida Department of Health has reduced its public reporting to just a weekly update under the direction of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, Kinsa says Florida is one of six states with troubling indicators. Kinsa is the company behind the “connected” thermometer, which compiles real-time illness data and compares it to what’s normal. Kinsa was credited by health officials worldwide for accurate predicting COVID-19 spread in the early days of the pandemic.
Now, Kinsa says Florida is back to moderate risk, after leveling off at “low risk” for the past few months.
The issue? Kinsa says Florida’s lower than average vaccination rate is a problem.
From Kinsa: “Six states are bearing the brunt of the new outbreaks. HealthWeather shows that Nevada, Wyoming, Missouri and Arkansas all remain at elevated risk, with Florida and Louisiana rising to moderate risk. Each of these states has a lower-than-average vaccination rate.”
The update may instigate a review of policies set for area school districts set to reopen in just weeks for the 2021-2022 school year. A surge in cases could force school districts to require masks, additional social distancing in age groups where vaccines are not yet available. View the Kinsa HealthWeather Map, here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores