Could Mask Mandates Come Back? School Social Distancing Requirements Revisited?
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida is heading back into a COVID-19 trouble zone.
While the Florida Department of Health has reduced its public reporting to just a weekly update under the direction of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, Kinsa says Florida is one of six states with troubling indicators. Kinsa is the company behind the “connected” thermometer, which compiles real-time illness data and compares it to what’s normal. Kinsa was credited by health officials worldwide for accurate predicting COVID-19 spread in the early days of the pandemic.
Now, Kinsa says Florida is back to moderate risk, after leveling off at “low risk” for the past few months.
The issue? Kinsa says Florida’s lower than average vaccination rate is a problem.
From Kinsa: “Six states are bearing the brunt of the new outbreaks. HealthWeather shows that Nevada, Wyoming, Missouri and Arkansas all remain at elevated risk, with Florida and Louisiana rising to moderate risk. Each of these states has a lower-than-average vaccination rate.”
The update may instigate a review of policies set for area school districts set to reopen in just weeks for the 2021-2022 school year. A surge in cases could force school districts to require masks, additional social distancing in age groups where vaccines are not yet available. View the Kinsa HealthWeather Map, here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Completely Close
- Fired Elementary School Kitchen Worker To Receive $125K
- MONDAY: Will Boca Regional Hospital Spread COVID-19 With Fundraising Events?
- Hospital Bed Availability In Palm Beach County Plummets
- NOT A COP: Delray Beach Man Charged With Impersonating Law Enforcement
- FLORIDA: Man Sues Car Wash, Surprised It’s Slippery When Wet
- SCAM? Cops Bust Contractor, Ask Potential Palm Beach County Victims To Call
- Man Pleads Guilty To Hacking iCloud Accounts In Florida Court
- Guilty Plea For Boca Raton Woman Charged With DUI After I-95 Crash