You Know How Your Great Grandfather Puts The Word “The” In Front Of Everything…? Get Ready…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Boca Resort, which has been known locally as “The Boca Resort” for half a century, is changing its name. It will now be known as “The Boca Raton”
Let that sink in for a minute.
They took the name of the city, put “The” in front of it, and now you have the new name of the resort.
Here’s the issue as we see it: it’s going to be confusing for people when you talk about “The Boca Raton Police Department” — are you talking about security at the hotel or professional law enforcement? “The Boca Raton Beach.” Are you talking about a beach in Boca, or sand and water near the hotel?
How about, “The Boca Raton Trash Problem.” There isn’t a problem that we know of, but you see the hazard of naming your private resort after a municipality.
Then there’s the problem of just sounding really old in a place where many people are really old. “Did you read what they wrote on The Twitter?” “Did you read what someone wrote on The Facebook?” “Did you hear Saul died of The COVID?!”
Adding “The” to something isn’t chic. It’s, well, let’s just say it isn’t chic.
Here’s the official press release which we don’t traditionally run for a for-profit company but we are today, because you can’t make this stuff up, and “The BocaNewsNow.com” is so connected, we just let this go.
South Florida’s iconic Boca Raton Resort & Club announces the most significant evolution in its history, and its new-again name—The Boca Raton. For over four decades, from 1944 to 1988, The Boca Raton name signified a luxurious lifestyle unmatched worldwide. Over the coming months, The Boca Raton will usher in an entirely new perspective on travel, A New Golden Era.
A New Golden Era at The Boca Raton and The Boca Raton Club promises an unrivaled destination beginning with a $175 million Phase One physical transformation to be unveiled during Winter 2021/2022. There will be bespoke enhancements to every guest experience, from exceptional accommodations to dynamic culinary concepts and innovative programming.
“The Boca Raton has a remarkable history as an internationally recognized landmark and a private escape for in-the-know travelers,” said Daniel A. Hostettler, President & CEO of The Boca Raton. “A New Golden Era will pay homage to the resort’s storied past while introducing innovative new amenities and experiences that will inspire both members and guests, and define The Boca Raton as one of the world’s most preeminent luxury resorts and private clubs.”
Five Distinct Hotel Experiences, One Iconic Resort. The Boca Raton will feature a collection of five hotels located Beachside and Harborside, each with its own personality and style.
· Beach Club: The oceanfront luxury escape features three pools set on a private stretch of golden beach. The hotel’s new Mediterranean dining concepts, Marisol and the lobby lounge, are curated by notable lifestyle guru Colin Cowie.
· Bungalows: Ideal for extended stays, this three-story residential hideaway features two-bedroom suites with full kitchens and furnished terraces and balconies. Tucked in a serene corner of the property surrounded by a lush landscape, the Bungalows offer a private pool and dedicated amenities.
· Yacht Club: The adult-only, all-suite luxury hotel embodies refined lakefront leisure. Elegant suites feature private balconies, and views of Lake Boca Raton and its yacht-lined promenade. Personal concierges and floor valets prepare every detail for the perfect escape. Reopening Winter 2021.
· Cloister: Stay where it all started amidst grand architecture, lush grounds and hidden gardens as an unforgettable backdrop. Located in the heart of the action, the resort’s original structure is just steps from the 18-hole golf course, Racquet Club and spa. The Cloister is being revitalized and will reopen with immersive experiences and rotating art collections. Reopening Winter 2021.
· Tower: Providing elevated perspectives for sophisticated travelers, the 27-story tower is undergoing a $45 million complete transformation by Rockwell Group. With extraordinary vistas of sparkling waterways, the all new luxury hotel will introduce flexible suite configurations—two to three bedrooms—artful touches, bespoke amenities and butler service. Opening first quarter 2022.
A World of Flavor. From fine dining to waterfront bites, The Boca Raton is creating one of the most exciting culinary destinations in the country, including four signature experiences with Major Food Group (MFG). The Flamingo Grill, opening this month, offers a glamorous take on the mid-century American chophouse. Forthcoming restaurants include Sadelle’s, the inventive, perennially packed brunch institution with locations in New York and Las Vegas, and all new concepts exploring Japanese and Italian cuisine.
Only at The Boca Raton.
This winter, the resort will unveil Harborside Pool Club, a four-acre lakefront oasis featuring luxury cabanas, four pools, 450-foot lazy river, two three-story high slides, double standing wave, retail boutique, 7,100 square foot event lawn, 5,000 square foot kids club, and a teens lounge, as well as new waterfront dining options.
The Boca Raton’s 40,000 square foot wellness oasis has unveiled a new name, Spa Palmera, and new treatments. This winter, Spa Palmera will showcase a refreshed design and additional programming.
New one-of-a-kind experiences include a supercar racing adventure, perfect for thrill seekers. Fashionistas may opt for a curated shopping day with a personal stylist, while couples can spend the afternoon on a private boat, complete with snorkeling and live entertainment.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Toddler Shot, Killed In North Broward County
- Boca Raton Magazine Publisher Charged With Child Solicitation, Molestation
- Forecasters Still Watching System East Of Florida, Development Unlikely
- RESCUE: Man Jumps From Deerfield Pier, Boca Raton and Broward Rescuers Retrieve
- DON’T DROWN: Palm Beach County Promotes Water Safety This Holiday Weekend
- HURRICANE CENTER: Forecasters Watching System East Of Florida
- MISSING CHILD: Statewide Alert Issued For Palm Beach County Child
- Coconut Creek Man Killed In Boca Raton Crash
- Plane Crashes On Congress Avenue Near Lantana Airport, PBSO On Scene