BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Delray Beach couple is suing Toyota, claiming the CH-R subcompact sport utility vehicle is a disaster — unfixable by Toyota’s authorized service technicians.
Fred and Shari Silver, through their attorneys, allege that the C-HR has a defective engine as evidenced by noise generated with the air conditioner compressor cycles on at idle, was made shoddily with trim chipping and steering wheel delamination; a defective climate control system; and additional defects.
Toyota, according to the suit, was given multiple opportunities to fix the vehicle but could not. Lemon law statues in Florida typically give a manufacturer three opportunities to fix a vehicle before it is declared a “lemon.” The Silvers, according to the suit, did pursue a remedy in Florida’s lemon law arbitration system but a panel ruled in favor of Toyota.
The Silvers paid just under $30,000 for the CH-R.
Read the complete lawsuit, below. If it does not appear, use this to access the filing. The Silvers are represented by Ryan Patrick of the Krohn and Moss in Chicago. The firm specializes in consumer issues.
There was no immediate response filed by the Toyota Motor Company to the suit initiated in Palm Beach County Circuit Court.Toyota-Lawsuit
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Completely Close
- Fired Elementary School Kitchen Worker To Receive $125K
- MONDAY: Will Boca Regional Hospital Spread COVID-19 With Fundraising Events?
- Hospital Bed Availability In Palm Beach County Plummets
- NOT A COP: Delray Beach Man Charged With Impersonating Law Enforcement
- FLORIDA: Man Sues Car Wash, Surprised It’s Slippery When Wet
- SCAM? Cops Bust Contractor, Ask Potential Palm Beach County Victims To Call
- Man Pleads Guilty To Hacking iCloud Accounts In Florida Court
- Guilty Plea For Boca Raton Woman Charged With DUI After I-95 Crash