BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Delray Beach couple is suing Toyota, claiming the CH-R subcompact sport utility vehicle is a disaster — unfixable by Toyota’s authorized service technicians.
Fred and Shari Silver, through their attorneys, allege that the C-HR has a defective engine as evidenced by noise generated with the air conditioner compressor cycles on at idle, was made shoddily with trim chipping and steering wheel delamination; a defective climate control system; and additional defects.
Toyota, according to the suit, was given multiple opportunities to fix the vehicle but could not. Lemon law statues in Florida typically give a manufacturer three opportunities to fix a vehicle before it is declared a “lemon.” The Silvers, according to the suit, did pursue a remedy in Florida’s lemon law arbitration system but a panel ruled in favor of Toyota.
The Silvers paid just under $30,000 for the CH-R.
Read the complete lawsuit, below. If it does not appear, use this to access the filing. The Silvers are represented by Ryan Patrick of the Krohn and Moss in Chicago. The firm specializes in consumer issues.
There was no immediate response filed by the Toyota Motor Company to the suit initiated in Palm Beach County Circuit Court.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Homicide, Hit And Run Charges Filed Against Boca Raton Man
- TRAFFIC ALERT: GLADES ROAD TO COMPLETELY CLOSE AT I-95 ALL WEEKEND LONG
- Palm Beach County Lawyer Nabbed While Downloading Child Pornography
- MURDER IN WEST DELRAY BEACH, POLICE INVESTIGATING
- KINGS POINT DELRAY: More Arrests, More Often As Another Is Locked Up
- Senator Marco Rubio Talks TikTok, FAU With Andrew Colton on NewsRadio 610 WIOD
- WHOSE BODY WAS IN BURNING CAR? BROWARD COPS ASKING FOR TIPS
- GO OWLS! FAU’s Student Affairs VP Joins Andrew Colton On NewsRadio 610 WIOD
- Broward Crash Backs Up Traffic Into Boca Raton