Crash Occurred Last Saturday. Victim Died Thursday. Police Released Details Today.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DEERFIELD BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Broward Sheriff’s Office tells BocaNewsNow.com that a man was killed on Hillsboro Blvd. when he was struck by a pickup truck. That driver, according to police, had the right of way. The victim is identified as James Davis, 77, of Broward County.
From the official police advisory: “At approximately 10:59 a.m. on Saturday, July 10, Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide investigators responded to a vehicle versus pedestrian crash at the 100 block of West Hillsboro Boulevard in Deerfield Beach.
The preliminary investigation revealed that the driver traveled Westbound in the inner through lane on Hillsboro Boulevard approaching Northwest First Terrace. The pedestrian was attempting to cross the roadway mid-block from North to South. As the pedestrian entered the roadway, traffic in the outer and center through lanes slowed.
The pedestrian entered the inner through lane and was struck by the driver’s 2006 gray Nissan Titan pickup truck.
The impact projected the pedestrian forward and knocked him to the ground. The driver stopped immediately, remained on the scene, and cooperated with the investigation. Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue transported the pedestrian to Broward Health North.
On Thursday, July 14, the Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office notified BSO’s Traffic Homicide Unit that the pedestrian was pronounced deceased at 7:01 p.m.”
Detectives say the driver of the pickup had the right of way. At this time, excessive speed is not considered a factor in this case.
The investigation is ongoing.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 877-5FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BOCA POLICE: Teen Uses Stolen Credit Card But Her Real Address, Is Busted
- New Voting Rules: Palm Beach County Holds Town Hall Meeting Thursday
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Almost In “Green” COVID Zone
- POLICE: Sexual Predator Moves To West Boca Raton
- SILENCE: Emmitt Smith, The Boca Raton Silent On “Go Pink” Controversy
- REVEALED: We Have New Palm Beach School Superintendent’s Salary
- UPDATE: Delray Man Added Police Lights To Explorer, Pulled Over Cars In Boca Raton
- Teen Allegedly Attacked At Boynton Beach High Sues School Board
- Two Teens Missing, Police Seek Tips