BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — If you are on the City of Boca Raton water system, your water may have a strange taste or smell over the the next several days.
The City is advising residents that its disinfection process is temporarily changing.
“To maintain water quality,” wrote officials in an advisory, “our utility services department will temporarily modify the disinfection process from July 18th through Aug 1st. This is done twice a year. Customers may notice a slight chlorine taste or odor during this period.”
We remind our readers that just because you have “Boca Raton” address does not mean that you live in the City of Boca Raton. Anyone who lives west of roughly Jog/Powerline — although there are a few exceptions — lives in unincorporated Palm Beach County which means you are serviced by the Palm Beach County water system, the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, and receive Palm Beach County services.
Anyone east of Jog/Powerline, again with a few exceptions, lives in the City of Boca Raton and will likely be affected by the water disinfection process.
If you are curious about where you live, this map from the City of Boca Raton may help.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Completely Close
- Fired Elementary School Kitchen Worker To Receive $125K
- MONDAY: Will Boca Regional Hospital Spread COVID-19 With Fundraising Events?
- Hospital Bed Availability In Palm Beach County Plummets
- NOT A COP: Delray Beach Man Charged With Impersonating Law Enforcement
- FLORIDA: Man Sues Car Wash, Surprised It’s Slippery When Wet
- SCAM? Cops Bust Contractor, Ask Potential Palm Beach County Victims To Call
- Man Pleads Guilty To Hacking iCloud Accounts In Florida Court
- Guilty Plea For Boca Raton Woman Charged With DUI After I-95 Crash