Bedsores Turned Fatal After ICU Stay, According To Filing.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
WELLINGTON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A woman allegedly died due to negligence at Wellington Regional Medical Center, according to a lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court.
Gladys Wenzel, according to the suit, “was admitted to Wellington Regional with a fractured hip requiring surgery She had no skin breakdown or pressure sores on admission. (But) due to Defendant’s negligence and neglect, Gladys Wenzel developed multiple pressure sores during hospitalization from May 3, 2020 through May 12th, 2020. Including DTI’s to both heels and a sacral pressure sore. These injuries occurred in Defendant’s ICU, further highlighting the lack of care that would be expected in an ICU setting.”
The suit says Wenzel died a short time later.
“Gladys Wenzel succumbed to her death on June 15th, 2020, after suffering tremendous pain from the bedsores developed at Wellington Regional.”
Wenzel’s is suing the hospital for an amount in excess of $30,000, the statutory minimum for filing in Palm Beach County Circuit Court. The family is represented by attorney Scott Fischer at Gordon and Partners in Palm Beach Gardens.
No immediate response was filed by Wellington Regional Medical Center.
Read the complete filing, below. If it does not appear, access here.Wellington-Suit
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical
- NO BIG DEAL: Looks Like System Is Dissipating
- Delray Beach Bartender Charged With DUI
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida