Bedsores Turned Fatal After ICU Stay, According To Filing.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
WELLINGTON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A woman allegedly died due to negligence at Wellington Regional Medical Center, according to a lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court.
Gladys Wenzel, according to the suit, “was admitted to Wellington Regional with a fractured hip requiring surgery She had no skin breakdown or pressure sores on admission. (But) due to Defendant’s negligence and neglect, Gladys Wenzel developed multiple pressure sores during hospitalization from May 3, 2020 through May 12th, 2020. Including DTI’s to both heels and a sacral pressure sore. These injuries occurred in Defendant’s ICU, further highlighting the lack of care that would be expected in an ICU setting.”
The suit says Wenzel died a short time later.
“Gladys Wenzel succumbed to her death on June 15th, 2020, after suffering tremendous pain from the bedsores developed at Wellington Regional.”
Wenzel’s is suing the hospital for an amount in excess of $30,000, the statutory minimum for filing in Palm Beach County Circuit Court. The family is represented by attorney Scott Fischer at Gordon and Partners in Palm Beach Gardens.
No immediate response was filed by Wellington Regional Medical Center.
Read the complete filing, below. If it does not appear, access here.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW