Positivity Rate Crosses 10 Percent, Hospital Admissions Surge. Florida COVID Hotspot, Again.
BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The COVID-19 situation in Palm Beach County has taken a dramatic turn for the worse.
Just released data from the Centers for Disease Control reveals that Palm Beach County has logged a 79.9 percent increase in cases over the past seven days, with 2,488 new COVID-19 cases logged.
The positivity rate — which was in the low single digits just weeks ago — has surged to 12.64 percent. That’s an increase of 3.69 percent.
Hospital admissions, according to the CDC, are up 33.87 percent over the past week, with 336 people admitted in Palm Beach County with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19. The CDC says 12.35 percent of all ICU beds in Palm Beach County are being used for COVID-19 patients. That’s a jump of 5 percent over 7 days.
The CDC says the transmission rate in Palm Beach County is now “high.”
Statewide, Florida is reporting an average of more than 8,000 COVID-19 cases a day, according to the CDC. Over the past 7 days, 211 people have died in Florida from COVID-19.
We are publishing the latest version of the frequently updated ‘state’ profile, below. This is a CDC document. If it does not appear, use this to access.Florida_State_Profile_Report_20210716_Public
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend
- ELECTIONS: Deadline Is Saturday For Vote-By-Mail Ballot
- Delray Beach Man Convicted Of Sending Spy Equipment To Libya
- Palm Beach County Commissioner Slams Governor DeSantis On Vaccine Stance