Positivity Rate Crosses 10 Percent, Hospital Admissions Surge. Florida COVID Hotspot, Again.
BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The COVID-19 situation in Palm Beach County has taken a dramatic turn for the worse.
Just released data from the Centers for Disease Control reveals that Palm Beach County has logged a 79.9 percent increase in cases over the past seven days, with 2,488 new COVID-19 cases logged.
The positivity rate — which was in the low single digits just weeks ago — has surged to 12.64 percent. That’s an increase of 3.69 percent.
Hospital admissions, according to the CDC, are up 33.87 percent over the past week, with 336 people admitted in Palm Beach County with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19. The CDC says 12.35 percent of all ICU beds in Palm Beach County are being used for COVID-19 patients. That’s a jump of 5 percent over 7 days.
The CDC says the transmission rate in Palm Beach County is now “high.”
Statewide, Florida is reporting an average of more than 8,000 COVID-19 cases a day, according to the CDC. Over the past 7 days, 211 people have died in Florida from COVID-19.
We are publishing the latest version of the frequently updated ‘state’ profile, below. This is a CDC document. If it does not appear, use this to access.Florida_State_Profile_Report_20210716_Public
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases