BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Boynton Beach Police Department just issued this advisory at 5:15 p.m. Tuesday:
ROAD CLOSURE: All westbound lanes of Boynton Beach Boulevard from Knuth Road to Quail Covey Road will be shut down to traffic tonight from 8 p.m. – 12 a.m. Investigators will be working at the scene of a traffic crash that injured 3 people yesterday. Motorists are encouraged to seek alternate routes.
(Original report from Boynton Beach Police):
We are investigating a traffic crash that injured three people, one of them critically, early this morning in the 3500 block of West Boynton Beach Boulevard.
Preliminary investigation determined that a white Ford 250 was traveling west on West Boynton Beach Boulevard at around 3 a.m., when a black Honda Accord approached the rear of the truck at a high rate of speed. The Honda failed to slow down and struck the left rear corner of the Ford, causing it to strike a concrete utility pole.
The driver of the Ford, as well as a front seat passenger, were taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The backseat passenger was taken via trauma alert to a local hospital with critical injuries. The driver of the Honda, who received minor injuries, was suspected of driving under the influence. Charges are pending the outcome of the DUI investigation.
Anyone with information about the crash is asked to call Traffic Homicide Investigator Dennis Castro 561-742-6147.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees
- Palm Beach County Schools Hide Expulsion Information, Race Questions Raised
- Boca Isles South Resident Arrested Following Theft, Fire
- Million Dollar Lottery Winner Lives In Boynton Beach
- Boca Raton Teen Killer Identified, Cops Say Shot Friend In Back Yard
- Boca Raton’s L’Ambiance HOA Facing Lawsuit
- CRASH AND BURN: Boca Isles South Burglar Crashes Getaway Car At Cop Shop
- Fire Burning Cascade Lakes Boynton Beach