Backup Spans Two Miles And Growing.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATE: 4:54 p.m. — Florida Highway Patrol now reports this is a fatal crash, with the driver of the tractor trailer being killed when the truck fell off the road and into a canal. Read the complete advisory, below.
UPDATE: 4:21 p.m. — The Florida Department of Transportation just officially alerted that the scene is clear — all lanes are operational.
UPDATE: 4:15 p.m. — No official word from FHP but live traffic cams from the Florida Department of Transportation indicate all lanes are now open.
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Florida Turnpike closure in Boynton Beach continues Thursday afternoon and is expected to last for several more hours.
A tractor trailer overturned, falling into a canal in the area of Boynton Beach Blvd.
Southbound lanes are closed. Northbound lanes appear to be moving but extremely slower due to gaper delays.
Florida Highway Patrol and the Florida Department of Transportation are both advising motorists to seek alternate routes this afternoon if you were planning to use the Turnpike. Southbound lanes are being detoured to surface roads near the scene.
Florida511 is always the fastest way to receive realtime traffic. This is the official advisory:
”There is a crash on Florida’s Turnpike Southbound beyond mile post 84 beyond Boynton Beach Blvd. All lanes are closed. Traffic is being detoured at Mile Post 86 at Boynton Beach Blvd. Seek an alternate route. Motorists should expect a two mile delay.”
Read the advisory, below. If it does not appear, use this to access.7.22.Palm-Beach-Turnpike-Fatal
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC: Expect A Week Of Delays In, Around South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Jeweler Owes Mall $152,000, According To Lawsuit
- CRIME: Papa John’s Delivery Driver Carjacked At Gunpoint
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend