Florida…Georgia…South Carolina. Not Imminent, But Worth Watching.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The National Hurricane Center is watching a disturbance that now has a 30 percent chance of development.
The map above, from the National Hurricane Center, indicates the area where a system may form — not necessarily a direction of travel — but this forecast is notable int that the area of potential development is largely south of the initial point. That is rare.
This is the official outlook from the National Hurricane Center Thursday morning:
A broad trough of low pressure associated with a dissipated frontal
system over Alabama and Georgia is forecast to move off of the
southeastern United States coastline on Friday. Environmental
conditions are expected to be marginally conducive for some gradual
development over the weekend and into early next week while the
system meanders offshore the coasts of Georgia and eastern Florida.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…near 0 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…30 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases