Florida…Georgia…South Carolina. Not Imminent, But Worth Watching.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The National Hurricane Center is watching a disturbance that now has a 30 percent chance of development.
The map above, from the National Hurricane Center, indicates the area where a system may form — not necessarily a direction of travel — but this forecast is notable int that the area of potential development is largely south of the initial point. That is rare.
This is the official outlook from the National Hurricane Center Thursday morning:
A broad trough of low pressure associated with a dissipated frontal
system over Alabama and Georgia is forecast to move off of the
southeastern United States coastline on Friday. Environmental
conditions are expected to be marginally conducive for some gradual
development over the weekend and into early next week while the
system meanders offshore the coasts of Georgia and eastern Florida.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…near 0 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…30 percent.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees