Masking To Remain Optional, For Now…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Palm Beach County School District will be led by interim Superintendent Michael Burke as the process begins to find a full time replacement. Burke is the school district’s chief financial officer.
Superintendent Donald Fennoy announced his resignation earlier this month after three years on the job. Fennoy’s contract requires three months notice. He will remain available to Burke as the school year begins. Fennoy is expected to officially depart in October.
Despite surging COVID-19 numbers in Palm Beach County, the school board did not make a change to its current “optional” policy for masks, however Dr. Debra Robinson — a medical doctor — expressed concern that for student and teacher safety. Parents on both sides of the issue spent hours telling board members why masks should — or shouldn’t — be required.
Students return to school on August 10th after an exceptionally short summer. The 2020-2021 school year started late, and ended late, due to COVID-19. The 2021-2022 school year returns to the traditional Palm Beach County calendar of starting in early August and finishing at the end of May.
Area private schools do no start until after Labor Day — a more traditional “Northeast” schedule.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Forecasters Watching First System Of Season
- MONKEY POX SOUTH FLORIDA: Health Officials Investigate Possible Local Case
- TRAFFIC: I-95 Closure In Boca Raton Part Of Big Traffic Week Ahead
- Delray Beach Woman Crashes On I-95, Is Jailed For DUI
- MYSTERY: Dead Frog Circles Appearing In Seven Bridges Delray Beach
- HUGE COVID SPIKE IN FLORIDA, PALM BEACH COUNTY
- Did Bad Nursing At Bethesda East Hospital Lead To Woman’s Death?
- LAWSUIT: VALENCIA BAY TO REMOVE HUNDREDS OF OAK TREES
- Fourth DUI Arrest For Boca Woman Working At Addiction Center