Deaths Up. Positivity Rate Again Soaring. Unvaccinated Causing Problems For Everyone.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The COVID-19 situation in Florida is again descending into significant trouble, with the Centers For Disease Control revealing that 50,999 new COVID-19 cases have been logged in the state over the past 7 days.
Almost all infections and deaths involve people who inexplicably haven’t — or refuse — to get the COVID-19 vaccine. Those people are contributing to the increasingly bleak Florida reality — where the “Delta” variant is taking hold and spreading.
On Wednesday, July 21st, Florida logged 12,647 cases. That is the highest new case count in months. The 7-day moving average is now 8,911.
On June 14th, just 991 new COVID-19 cases were logged. The exponential growth in cases has continued almost every day since that point.
The positivity rate is now back into the problem zone. The CDC reports the seven day positivity rate in Florida is between 10 percent and 14.9-percent. Lockdowns started last year once the five percent mark was crossed.
Deaths are rising as well. In Florida, the CDC says 86 COVID-19 deaths were reported on July 21st, also the highest one day total in weeks. The 7-day moving average for COVID deaths in Florida is now 34. A look at the chart, below, shows the unsettling trend — death numbers are rising almost daily.
The CDC is expected to re-issue mask guidance for school students over the next several days. The Palm Beach County School District, despite these growing COVID-19 numbers, says it plans to continue with its “optional” mask policy when the school year starts on August 10th.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center