Deaths Up. Positivity Rate Again Soaring. Unvaccinated Causing Problems For Everyone.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The COVID-19 situation in Florida is again descending into significant trouble, with the Centers For Disease Control revealing that 50,999 new COVID-19 cases have been logged in the state over the past 7 days.
Almost all infections and deaths involve people who inexplicably haven’t — or refuse — to get the COVID-19 vaccine. Those people are contributing to the increasingly bleak Florida reality — where the “Delta” variant is taking hold and spreading.
On Wednesday, July 21st, Florida logged 12,647 cases. That is the highest new case count in months. The 7-day moving average is now 8,911.
On June 14th, just 991 new COVID-19 cases were logged. The exponential growth in cases has continued almost every day since that point.
The positivity rate is now back into the problem zone. The CDC reports the seven day positivity rate in Florida is between 10 percent and 14.9-percent. Lockdowns started last year once the five percent mark was crossed.
Deaths are rising as well. In Florida, the CDC says 86 COVID-19 deaths were reported on July 21st, also the highest one day total in weeks. The 7-day moving average for COVID deaths in Florida is now 34. A look at the chart, below, shows the unsettling trend — death numbers are rising almost daily.
The CDC is expected to re-issue mask guidance for school students over the next several days. The Palm Beach County School District, despite these growing COVID-19 numbers, says it plans to continue with its “optional” mask policy when the school year starts on August 10th.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Man Severs Hand In Fireworks Accident, Hand, Man Transported To Hospital Separately
- SHOOTING: West Boca Raton Man Accidentally Shoots Self
- TRAVEL TROUBLE: Thousands Of Flights Delayed, Hundreds Canceled As Of Saturday Afternoon
- Fireworks Set For West Boca Raton, Here’s The Information You Need
- LAWSUIT: Encore Boca Raton Care So Poor, Skin Deteriorated
- Woman Allegedly Pours Milk On Man, He Calls Cops, Ends Up In Jail
- TRAVEL MELTDOWN: JetBlue Delays 38 Fort Lauderdale Flights, Spirt 24
- STORM WATCH: Now Two Disturbances Being Watched, Florida Threat Low
- P.F. Chang’s In Boca Raton Cited Again By Health Inspector, Twice In Days