BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The weather system that wasn’t much of anything just a day ago is now given a 40 percent chance of development, according to meteorologists at the National Hurricane Center.
The system could become a Tropical Depression within a few days. The next named storm will be Fred.
This is the mid-afternoon update from the National Hurricane Center:
An area of low pressure located off of the southeastern United
States coastline continues to produce a large region of disorganized
showers and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions appear
marginally conducive for additional development and a tropical
depression could form over the next couple of days as the
system meanders over the Gulf Stream, just offshore of the
southeastern United States.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…medium…40 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…medium…40 percent.
The National Hurricane Center is also watching these tropical waves:
An Atlantic tropical wave is analyzed along 54W, south of 18N,
moving W near 15 kt. A surface reflection is noted on the
scatterometer satellite pass from 1300 UTC. Scattered moderate
convection is noted within 100 nm east of the wave axis from 06N
A Caribbean tropical wave is analyzed along 68W, south of 22N,
moving W at 15 to 20 kt. No significant convection is associated
with this wave.
Another Caribbean tropical wave is analyzed along 81W, south of
25N, moving W near 15 kt. No significant convection is associated
with this wave.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam To Rapidly Intensify, Now Southeast Of Florida
- Dropbox Calls Police On Boca Raton Man, Says He Uploaded Illegal Images
- CRAZY FLORIDA? Here’s The Official Language Blocking Kid COVID Quarantines
- FEDS: Local Women Spent $100K On Cosmetics In Credit Card Scam
- Florida Woman Calls 911 To Complain Delray Police Said Don’t Call 911
- MAJOR HURRICANE: Forecasters Expect Fast Strengthening For Storm East Of Florida
- TROPICAL DEPRESSION 18 FORMS, PAY ATTENTION FLORIDA