Hurricane Hunter Aircraft May Investigate Today.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The National Hurricane Center says Florida should watch the growing system off the east coast, as a tropical depression now has a 60 percent chance of forming over the next several days.
If the storm continues to grow to named status, the next name for the 2021 Atlantic Hurricane Season is Fred.
This is the Saturday morning outlook from Meteorologists at the National Hurricane Center:
howers and thunderstorm activity has increased a bit this morning in association with the low pressure system located about 200 miles east of Daytona Beach, Florida. Nearby buoy observations also
indicate that surface pressures have been falling close to the center of this system.
However, the associated shower and thunderstorm activity remains disorganized and located primarily
south and east of the center. Environmental conditions are forecasted to become a bit more favorable for development, and atropical depression could form over the next day or so while the low
meanders offshore of the Florida Peninsula.
Interests in Florida should continue to monitor the progress of this system. An Air
Force Reserve Hurricane Hunter aircraft is scheduled to investigate the system later today, if necessary.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…medium…60 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…medium…60 percent.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees