Hurricane Hunter Aircraft May Investigate Today.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The National Hurricane Center says Florida should watch the growing system off the east coast, as a tropical depression now has a 60 percent chance of forming over the next several days.
If the storm continues to grow to named status, the next name for the 2021 Atlantic Hurricane Season is Fred.
This is the Saturday morning outlook from Meteorologists at the National Hurricane Center:
howers and thunderstorm activity has increased a bit this morning in association with the low pressure system located about 200 miles east of Daytona Beach, Florida. Nearby buoy observations also
indicate that surface pressures have been falling close to the center of this system.
However, the associated shower and thunderstorm activity remains disorganized and located primarily
south and east of the center. Environmental conditions are forecasted to become a bit more favorable for development, and atropical depression could form over the next day or so while the low
meanders offshore of the Florida Peninsula.
Interests in Florida should continue to monitor the progress of this system. An Air
Force Reserve Hurricane Hunter aircraft is scheduled to investigate the system later today, if necessary.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…medium…60 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…medium…60 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam To Rapidly Intensify, Now Southeast Of Florida
- Dropbox Calls Police On Boca Raton Man, Says He Uploaded Illegal Images
- CRAZY FLORIDA? Here’s The Official Language Blocking Kid COVID Quarantines
- FEDS: Local Women Spent $100K On Cosmetics In Credit Card Scam
- Florida Woman Calls 911 To Complain Delray Police Said Don’t Call 911
- MAJOR HURRICANE: Forecasters Expect Fast Strengthening For Storm East Of Florida
- TROPICAL DEPRESSION 18 FORMS, PAY ATTENTION FLORIDA