BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The system being watched off the coast of Florida may very well develop into a Tropical Depression overnight Saturday or at some point on Sunday.
The National Hurricane Center says that a crew on board a hurricane hunter mission found circulation in the system, but that it’s lacking key components for an official “tropical depression” designation. That may change over the next 24 hours.
From the National Hurricane Center on Saturday evening:
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
Earlier this afternoon and evening, an Air Force Reserve Hurricane
Hunter aircraft investigated the low pressure system off the east
coast of Florida and found a well-defined center of circulation
about 185 miles east of Cape Canaveral. However, the system still
lacks organized shower and thunderstorm activity near its center
and therefore has not met the criteria to be designated as a
tropical depression. Environmental conditions are expected to
remain marginally conducive for additional development, and a
tropical depression could still form overnight or on Sunday while
the low moves generally westward at 5 to 10 mph toward the east
coast of Florida. Interests in Florida should continue to monitor
the progress of this system. Another Hurricane Hunter aircraft is
scheduled to investigate the system Sunday morning, if necessary.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…medium…50 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…medium…50 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center