System May Form Off Coast Of Florida.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The on again, off again system that’s been a big “maybe” for development near the coast of Florida is on again, as the National Hurricane Center says it is again showing signs of development.
A tropical depression, according to meteorologists at the NHC, could form late Sunday or at some point on Monday. If the storm grows from there into a tropical storm, it would be known as Fred.
This is the latest update from the National Hurricane Center:
A low pressure area located about 150 miles east of Daytona Beach,
Florida, is producing disorganized shower and thunderstorm activity
mainly over the southern part of its circulation. Preliminary
reports from an Air Force Reserve reconnaissance aircraft indicate
that this system has changed little in strength since yesterday.
Environmental conditions are marginally conducive for development,
and a tropical depression could still form later today or early
Monday while the low drifts westward or west-northwestward toward
the northeast coast of Florida. Interests in Florida should
continue to monitor the progress of this system.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…medium…50 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…medium…50 percent.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Body Found In Boynton Beach Garage
- Woodfield Country Club Sued Over Flooded Car, Refuses To Pay Employee
- HURRICANE CENTER: Now 70 Percent Chance System Forms South of Florida
- Delray Beach Woman Arrested, DUI Hit And Run
- TWO SYSTEMS: Hurricane Center Watching Two Waves East, West Of Florida
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Wife Finds Husband With Hookers, Attacks
- Woman Speeding On Glades Road Arrested For DUI In Boca Raton
- Water Treatment Dates Set, May Taste Weird In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton
- While Publix Refuses To Vaccinate Young Children, Palm Beach County Offers Shots