System May Form Off Coast Of Florida.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The on again, off again system that’s been a big “maybe” for development near the coast of Florida is on again, as the National Hurricane Center says it is again showing signs of development.
A tropical depression, according to meteorologists at the NHC, could form late Sunday or at some point on Monday. If the storm grows from there into a tropical storm, it would be known as Fred.
This is the latest update from the National Hurricane Center:
A low pressure area located about 150 miles east of Daytona Beach,
Florida, is producing disorganized shower and thunderstorm activity
mainly over the southern part of its circulation. Preliminary
reports from an Air Force Reserve reconnaissance aircraft indicate
that this system has changed little in strength since yesterday.
Environmental conditions are marginally conducive for development,
and a tropical depression could still form later today or early
Monday while the low drifts westward or west-northwestward toward
the northeast coast of Florida. Interests in Florida should
continue to monitor the progress of this system.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…medium…50 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…medium…50 percent.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEA AGENTS NAB ADAM RUNSDORF ON WOODFIELD COUNTRY CLUB GOLF COURSE
- AARON SINGERMAN ASKS FOR 20 MONTHS, BUT DID HIS ATTORNEYS MISLEAD?
- SIRENS: Delray Apartment Fire, Trauma At West Boca High, Unconscious At Home Depot Boca
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles