System May Form Off Coast Of Florida.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The on again, off again system that’s been a big “maybe” for development near the coast of Florida is on again, as the National Hurricane Center says it is again showing signs of development.
A tropical depression, according to meteorologists at the NHC, could form late Sunday or at some point on Monday. If the storm grows from there into a tropical storm, it would be known as Fred.
This is the latest update from the National Hurricane Center:
A low pressure area located about 150 miles east of Daytona Beach,
Florida, is producing disorganized shower and thunderstorm activity
mainly over the southern part of its circulation. Preliminary
reports from an Air Force Reserve reconnaissance aircraft indicate
that this system has changed little in strength since yesterday.
Environmental conditions are marginally conducive for development,
and a tropical depression could still form later today or early
Monday while the low drifts westward or west-northwestward toward
the northeast coast of Florida. Interests in Florida should
continue to monitor the progress of this system.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…medium…50 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…medium…50 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center