Return To Critical For Palm Beach County After Weeks In “Green” Zone.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Palm Beach County’s COVID-19 situation is now “critical,” according to Kinsa’s HealthWeather system.
From Kinsa Monday morning, July 26th, 2021: “There is a critical risk of illness in Palm Beach County. COVID-19 cases are high and spreading rapidly, while Influenza (flu) cases are low and spreading.”
Kinsa is a private company credited with accurately predicting COVID spread dating back to the early days of the pandemic. It utilizes a network of “connected” thermometers that send anonymous data to a central system. That system is used public health officials and others to track COVID’s spread.
This is how Kinsa describes itself:
“Kinsa’s early warning system tracks the spread of illness in real-time and forecasts future outbreaks through a network of millions of smart thermometers.”
This is the first “critical” report in months. Kinsa had lowered Palm Beach County to the “low” or green zone as recently as weeks ago. The elevation comes as the CDC also reports that Florida is one of the hotspots in the United States where infections and deaths are soaring among those who continue to refuse to be vaccinated. It is of significant concern for parents of young school students who are too young to receive a vaccine.
The Palm Beach County School District continues to refuse to amend its “optional” mask policy to mandatory. The school year starts on August 10th.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center