System Remains Off Florida, Georgia, According To National Hurricane Center.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The system that meteorologists at the National Hurricane Center have been following for several days is rapidly appearing to be much ado about nothing.
The early Monday outlook suggests that system now has a very small chance of developing into anything of concern. It continues to hover off the coast of Jacksonville.
This is the Monday morning outlook from the National Hurricane Center:
Satellite and radar data indicate that shower and thunderstorm
activity associated with a low pressure system located about 45
miles east of St. Augustine, Florida, or about 75 miles southeast of
Jacksonville, Florida, remain disorganized and limited in coverage.
Environmental conditions are gradually becoming less conducive for a
tropical depression to develop before the low moves inland over
northeastern Florida or Georgia later this morning.
However, interests in these areas should continue to monitor the progress of
this system due to the possibility of brief periods of gusty winds
to 40 mph, locally heavy rainfall, and dangerous lightning strikes.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…30 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…30 percent.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Neglect After Toddler Abused, Images Uploaded
- Boca Raton Man Tries To Avoid, But Kills, Hollywood Man Illegally Crossing Street
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 SHUT SOUTHBOUND IN BROWARD COUNTY
- UPDATE: DOUBLE FATAL CRASH IN WEST BOCA RATON MAY HAVE BEEN DUI RELATED
- Boca Raton Police Investigate Overnight Shooting Behind Aura
- TWO KILLED IN CRASH ON 441 AT KIMBERLY BLVD. IN WEST BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Playing With His Jalapeño In Chipotle Parking Lot