Palm Beach County School District Keeps Masks “Optional” Despite CDC Guidance.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Centers for Disease Control Tuesday afternoon announced that all students — regardless of vaccination status — should wear masks when indoors.
“All students, K-12, should wear a mask indoors, including teachers, staff, students and visitors, regardless of vaccination status,” said Dr. Rochelle Walesky, CDC Director.
Dr. Walensky said in a news conference that the Delta variant is serious problem that continues to spread. Florida is one of the leading states for new Delta-related infections and deaths.
The Palm Beach County School District earlier Tuesday, when asked about current masking policies, reaffirmed that “masks are optional.” A school district spokesperson did not respond when told that the CDC was planning to announce that all students should wear masks indoors.
“Facial coverings are currently optional for students, staff, and visitors on School District property during the 2021-2022 school year. However, based on CDC recommendations that unvaccinated people continue to wear facial coverings indoors, the District strongly encourages students, staff, and visitors to wear a mask indoors whenever possible, especially when a physical distance of three feet or more cannot be maintained,” wrote Claudia Shea, Director of Communications for the Palm Beach County School District.
Students return to school in Palm Beach County on August 10th.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEA AGENTS NAB ADAM RUNSDORF ON WOODFIELD COUNTRY CLUB GOLF COURSE
- AARON SINGERMAN ASKS FOR 20 MONTHS, BUT DID HIS ATTORNEYS MISLEAD?
- SIRENS: Delray Apartment Fire, Trauma At West Boca High, Unconscious At Home Depot Boca
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles