Two Children Test Positive, According To Social Media Posting From Congregation.
Parents Applaud Decision, Communication.
BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Rumors circulating Boca Raton that Congregation B’Nai Torah has closed due to a COVID outbreak are true.
While B’Nai Torah officials did not immediately respond to a request this evening from BocaNewsNow.com, parents are sharing social media posts about an outbreak in the summer program. Those contacting our newsroom are overall supportive of B’Nai Torah’s decision to not only close the campus, but to share details of the situation.
”They are setting a good example,” said a parent who asked us to withhold her name.
According to a post by Early Childhood Center Director Naomi Gordon, two children tested positive. Out of an abundance of caution, B’Nai Torah closed its entire early childhood operation. There is no indication that the children contracted COVID at the camp.
“Many have asked if the two children who tested positive have siblings,” wrote Gordon. “I am pleased to let you know that do not have siblings or family members in any other classes in our camp.”
“Most of our other classes have a connection whether it be a family member or close friend and this is why we made our decision to be proactive. We have asked all families from these two rooms to report their testing results. We promise to keep ou informed should there be a positive case.”
BocaNewsNow.com has learned other camps are also dealing with COVID situations, but it was not immediately clear the size of outbreak or potential spread. There are no reports — as of Wednesday evening — of other closures.
This is the post from B’Nai Torah:
If you have tips for BocaNewsNow.com, please use the form below. If it does not appear, use this to access.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center