Hospital Admissions, ICU Beds In Use, All Surging In Palm Beach County Says CDC.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — In a stunning return to a COVID crisis, Palm Beach County’s positivity rate is now 16.4 percent. It was near zero just weeks ago.
The positivity rate in late December, when the situation was considered dire, was 11.08 percent.
Also, according to the Centers for Disease Control which releases Florida data that the Florida Department of Health no longer releases:
ICU bed use is up 7.24 percent over the past seven days, with 20.72 percent of all ICU beds available in Palm Beach County now in use by COVID-19 patients.
COVID-19 hospital admissions in Palm Beach County are up 14.95 percent to 549 over seven days.
Only 750,717 people in Palm Beach County are fully vaccinated. That is 57.2 percent of eligible recipients in Palm Beach County.
The Florida Department of Health, under direction of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, stopped reporting daily COVID data several weeks ago.
The Centers for Disease Control continues to report official information.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BODY COUNT GROWS: Florida Loses Another 61 To COVID-19 On Monday
- Boca Bridges Hit By Car Burglars, Latest Along Lyons To Be Targeted
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Threatens To Shoot Girlfriend’s Friend, Is Arrested
- SIRENS: Dead In Tuscany Delray, Trauma At Olympic Heights High, Fire At Walmart
- Now 11,048 COVID-19 Cases Logged In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Walking, Struck And Killed By Vehicle
- LOTUS HIT: Car Stolen, Multiple Cars Burglarized In Community Where Gates Are Left Open
- SIRENS: Animal Bite In Boca Raton, Overdose In Delray, Critical Crash Near Publix
- CHILLY: It’s Just 46 Degrees In South Palm Beach County Monday Morning