BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boca Raton man is suing storage provider 1-800-Pack-Rat, claiming that the company sold all of the contents of a storage container when the credit card on file expired.
Dr. David Klein claims that his property was packed into Pack Rat containers on or about March 23rd and 30th in 2019. Then…
“On or about December 4th, 2019, a past due notice was issued by PackRat to Plaintiff, Dr. David Klein, with respect to (one of the units), requesting a past due amount of $1,230.30 to be remitted up on receipt of the notice. On or about that same date of December 4, 2019, a similar e-mail was also sent to Plaintiff, David Klein, noting that the rental of (two units) was past due in the amount of $1,230.30. From the inception of the agreement, payments have been automatically debited to a credit card provided by plaintiffs. However, the December 4th email expressly noted that the credit card which was on file expired.”
When Klein allegedly called PackRat to update payment, he claims he was given shocking news.
“Within days of receipt of the Past Due Notice, Plaintiff David Klein contacted PackRat to update his credit card expiration date and make any past due payments. However, upon contacting PackRat, Klein was informed that the contents of (one of his) containers had been sold by PackRat.”
Klein claims that PackRat’s action violates the terms of the rental agreement, and Florida law.
David Klein is suing PackRat in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, where the statutory minimum is $30,000.
Read the complete lawsuit, below. If it does not appear, access it here.
PackRat has not yet filed a response to the suit.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam To Rapidly Intensify, Now Southeast Of Florida
- Dropbox Calls Police On Boca Raton Man, Says He Uploaded Illegal Images
- CRAZY FLORIDA? Here’s The Official Language Blocking Kid COVID Quarantines
- FEDS: Local Women Spent $100K On Cosmetics In Credit Card Scam
- Florida Woman Calls 911 To Complain Delray Police Said Don’t Call 911
- MAJOR HURRICANE: Forecasters Expect Fast Strengthening For Storm East Of Florida